And even more from LMA on Ancestry!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And even more from LMA on Ancestry!!

They've updated the Workhouse records to include Parish Registers.

London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906 - Ancestry.co.uk

London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980 - Ancestry.co.uk

...and you thought you were going to do something else today :Big Grin::Big Grin:
    Sue

Thank you.

You keep doing this just before I have to leave for work :smilee:

Comment

Glad to be of service Maggie!! Do you need a late note??
      Sue

Comment

Oh wow - this is what I've been waiting for :smilee::smilee:

I've just found my elusive 2x Gt Grandmother's baptism. I could never find anything on her before - not even a bcert. She was born in 1843 and baptised in 1873 - the register notes she was "a married woman"

I've also found her parent's marriage - needless to say it was 11 years after she was born :Big Grin:

Thanks for the heads up Sue
        Jackie

Comment

ooooh SUE!! thank you!! I was hoping that they would be there.. cool

*scampers off to have a look see*
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I'm getting some brilliant results!

For baptisms, you can enter the parents' names and I am getting additional children, ones that didn't make the censuses.

But very peculiar - OH's great-great grandfather George Herbert Newton is entered twice. We never found a birth certificate for him, but I found him on an earlier trip to the LMA.

Odd transcription - it says "Southwark St John the Evangelist" but when you click on the image it is for Christ Church Southwark, and is the entry I already had.

But there is another one too, and it is more the old-fashioned type with no boxes. It too is for Christ Church Southwark - so somone entered it twice.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I found my elusive Frances Knight and her marriage whoopee

Comment

sighs.......

still cant find him.. boo hoo
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

And me without a sub!!!!!

Oh well 1 month sub won't break the bank and as long as I don't tell the other half.....Shhhhh
                  Vikki -
                  Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
                    I'm getting some brilliant results!

For baptisms, you can enter the parents' names and I am getting additional children, ones that didn't make the censuses.
                    Me too.

Another 10 children who didn't live long! My grandmother's siblings.

Edit to say: I don't have enough hours in the day - 80% of my ancestors go back to 1750 in London! I have just downloaded 16 baptisms, 22 marriage banns, 5 burials - broken some bricks no walls yet and there's still lots more I'm like a kiddy in a sweetshop...
                    Last edited by Guest; 16-09-09, 19:08.

Comment

Haven't looked at the baptisms yet, but wow! Found lots of marriages - so many useful bits of info, occupations, father's names etc that can help to be sure you've found the right people. Also found one marriage pre 1837 that showed the groom was a widower, which explains why there's a big gap between his 3 elder children and the younger ones.

Yippee!!!
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

But it pay as you go isnt it, not part of the Sub we have ?
                        regards Patti

*******always searching*********
                        for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

Patti it is part of your sub yes

Comment

I was browsing...
                            Have a look at the last but one entry on the left-hand page:
                            - Ancestry.co.uk

Christine

PS - it may not be available on the basic sub - might need premium
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

how odd

Comment

Does it say 'and an African Woman'?

Comment

Looks like the parish clerk couldn't be bothered to spell an unfamiliar name, or didn't think it mattered.

Comment

Yes it must be on the premuim, oh well, never mind,cant afford to up grade that at present on the off chance I might find someone.
                                    regards Patti

*******always searching*********
                                    for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

Have had an excellent time fossicking around the records I have found some fairly large disparity on the information contained in the links for Greenwich St Alfege i.e the dates 1893 - 1903 is showing baptisms for 1723 - c1783! So you may find other records hidden where you were not expecting them!
                                      Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

All very well and good, but I don't have anyone in London prior to about 1890.
                                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                        X