1911 Census - e-mail from FMP re. subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Census - e-mail from FMP re. subscription

Yesterday we were discussing subscriptions and access to the 1911 census from October on FMP.

I have just received an e-mail from FMP. Here is the part that interests me:

" 20% loyalty discount for findmypast.com subscribers

If you want to add the 1911 Census subscription to an Explorer subscription, we will give you 20% off the combined price, giving you 12 months’ access for just £119.95 (instead of £149.90 separately) or 6 months’ access for £74.95 (instead of £94.90).

Once the census is launched, just choose the “Explorer and 1911” option at the checkout and your discount is automatically applied – if you have an existing subscription when you buy the new package, we will automatically refund however many days you have left and take this off the price of your new package at the same time."
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

For 1911 census before parting with your hard earned money, check out your local LDS centre. I was able to go into mine, search for FREE and download images onto a memory stick for FREE.

Ok I know it's not like having access at home but for what I was able to do in an afternoon it was well worth it!

Also it's worth checking out local libraries and record offices to do the same. Accessing data bases through them will help put up numbers coming through the doors and give them good reason to show the funders why they are so vital to us all.

Comment

I had an e-mail from FMP today which said

''We’re delighted to let you know final preparations are underway, and the 1911 Census will be available online on the findmypast.com website from October 21st.
      ''
      www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
      http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

Comment

Yeah I got that email and I have a sub to FMP I'll have to have a think and a read of it haven't got time tonight downloading quite a few marriage banns from Ancestry... :smilee:

Comment

I already have a sub so will probably take up their offer.

Have already paid for quite a few but have mainly stayed with the transcription rather than the actual images.

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X