jpg photographs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpg photographs.

Each time I receive a photo by email it comes up as a bmp picture when I download it onto my comp. Can anyone help and tell me how to change this to jpg. My op system is XP. thank you for any help.
    Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Hi,
    If you type this question into google starting with How to convert images - you will get many options to look at.
    It is possible that you will need to download a programme to do this for you like http://www.reasoft.com/tutorials/how...nge-jpg(.)html remove()these.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I always do mine in paint , just open the picture with paint and then save it as a jpeg so easy even I can do it ;;;
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thank you both for your comments. Yes 'save as jpg' I think this is were I have been going wrong. I assumed that pics when downloaded would always be jpg. (never assume anything) You live and learn. Thank you again.
        Researching: ORRELL, HIGGINSON, LEIGH, PEET, LLOYD,GREEN. all Lancashire. PEPIN. USA. LLOYD, Canada. PEET, Victoria Australia

Comment

I always save mine as jpg files, but I have read that sometimes other types of file (eg .tiff) are preferable. This is (so I read) because every time you edit and save a .jpg file some of the information is lost, which is not the case with .tif.:conf:

Anne

Comment

Oh I didnt know that Anne thanks, I just find jpegs easier for mail etc ;;
            borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I know - I always use them but now I'm wondering if it might be better to use another file type just for me. I could always change a copy to jpg for sending by email etc, I suppose? ...... Would I remember where I was though!!!! :emb:

Anne

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. I have now down loaded 'Faststone Photo Resizer' and successfully converted the photos in question to JPG. I don't think that I will make the same mistake again when I download photos from an email.
                Thank you all again.

Comment

Working...
                X