Eliza Rose or Eliza Stone - Shaftsbury, 1859

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliza Rose or Eliza Stone - Shaftsbury, 1859

Hoping someone can help me sort this marriage out. One of these women married Shemuel (Samuel?) Henry Knapton in 1859, but I can't figure out which one. It so happens that Stone was the Shemuel's mothers maiden name, so is he marrying a cousin of his mother? Looking at the register in Shaftsbury, Eliza is the name of both brides, there is nothing on IGI.

can you see him on 1861 census- where was his wife born? That might help a bit
    Jess

Comment

The 1861 entry seems to be missing. On the 1871 census Eliza seems to be from Mere, Wiltshire.

I have found an Eliza Stone registered to Mere for her birth but it does not seem to lead to a marriage. Eliza Rose seems to link to a marriage with Shemuel but her birth place is wrong.
      Last edited by LorraineJ; 14-09-09, 11:28.

Comment

I've found a family tree on Ancestry. Shemuel is Henry or Harvey and born Feb 1841 and died 1902, Frome, Somerset. Wife is Eliza Stone born 27/1/1839 Bridport, Dorset and died Feb 1911, Frome, Dorset. Her parents are Joseph Stone and Caroline Jester. Neither of the trees I've looked at have a marriage for her. The marriage is Ist qtr. 1859 Shaftsbury vol 5a page 350. You may need to buy the certificate to be 100% sure.

All the best

Ayse

Comment

Thank you. The death place fits in with what else I have found about the family, so I have now to find out the relationship between Eliza and Jane Stone, as there has to be one.

Comment

Working...
          X