William Youle born January 1835 to Joseph & Margaret Youle Eyam Derby
    William died: 19 August 1878 Wolley Bridge

In between he had 4 Children

John born 1865 Hayfield Derby
    Mary born 1867 Hayfield Derby
    Zipporah born 1869 Hayfield Derby
    Sarah Jane born 1873 Hayfield Derby

Wife? Sarah = born Whitfield, Glossop Derby? about 1836 died 1891

On 1881 census Sarah Hughs widow with above children but I can't find a marriage record anywhere. Is this her maiden name, could she have remarried before 1881 census?:kool:

Also looking for details re the Youle children eg any marriages and deaths

Hope someone has any ideas

Cheran
    Cheran

I can't find a marriage for William and Sarah, or a 2nd marriage for Sarah. Maybe she was never married to William?

You could get one of the children's certs - I see Zipporah was registered as Sippera. That should give the mother's maiden name.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

JOSEPH YOULE

Marriages:
      Spouse: MARGARET DOOLY
      Marriage: 14 FEB 1831 Eyam, Derby, England

Maybe williams parents marriage?
      Jess

Comment

HUGHS I think is a mis-representation of YOULE.

Ziporrah and Sarah Jane are alive and well in the 1901 census, living together at 50 Gladstone St, Glossop. Zipporrah is a cotton weaver, Sarah Jane a maker-up calico printing works. Ref: Class: RG13; Piece: 3274; Folio: 32; Page: 18.

Earlier in 1891, Sarah, Zipporah and Sarah Jane are living together at 87 Gladstone St, after being at 51 Gladstone St in 1881.

There's a marriage for Mary Youle to either Reuben Watkins or Walsingham Richards in 1890 in Rotherham Yorks. In 1891, Reuben and Mary Watkins are living in Rotherham - cannot be sure its your Mary, but its a place to start.

No deaths or marriages for John Youle in Derbyshire - the nearest I can find is an 1887 marriage in Rochdale Lancs, but no sign of him in the 1891 census.

Sarah Jane married in Glossop in the Dec Q 0f 1901 to either Isaac Needham or Ellis Beswick. - a quick look at the 1911 census, it looks more likely to be Ellis Beswick.

Di
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks

This one is William's mother and father.

The one piece I can't find is William's marriage to a Sarah!

I have Sarah born in Whitfield on some census about 1836 so I guess I go back to drawing boards if Hughes is a derivative of Youle

Cheran

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
          JOSEPH YOULE

Marriages:
          Spouse: MARGARET DOOLY
          Marriage: 14 FEB 1831 Eyam, Derby, England

Maybe williams parents marriage?
          Cheran

Comment

Thanks Di

Your info re Sarah Jane Youel is correct with the marriage to Ellis Beswick.

I can't confirm Mary's marriage but will keep trying.

Thanks for your help

Cheran

Originally posted by dicole View Post
            HUGHS I think is a mis-representation of YOULE.

Ziporrah and Sarah Jane are alive and well in the 1901 census, living together at 50 Gladstone St, Glossop. Zipporrah is a cotton weaver, Sarah Jane a maker-up calico printing works. Ref: Class: RG13; Piece: 3274; Folio: 32; Page: 18.

Earlier in 1891, Sarah, Zipporah and Sarah Jane are living together at 87 Gladstone St, after being at 51 Gladstone St in 1881.

There's a marriage for Mary Youle to either Reuben Watkins or Walsingham Richards in 1890 in Rotherham Yorks. In 1891, Reuben and Mary Watkins are living in Rotherham - cannot be sure its your Mary, but its a place to start.

No deaths or marriages for John Youle in Derbyshire - the nearest I can find is an 1887 marriage in Rochdale Lancs, but no sign of him in the 1891 census.

Sarah Jane married in Glossop in the Dec Q 0f 1901 to either Isaac Needham or Ellis Beswick. - a quick look at the 1911 census, it looks more likely to be Ellis Beswick.

Di
            Cheran

Comment

Ellis Beswick & Sarah Jane Youle

Di

Can you tell me an address on the 1911 Census for Ellis & Sarah Jane?

Thanks

Cheran;)
              Cheran

Comment

Originally posted by cheran View Post
                Di

Can you tell me an address on the 1911 Census for Ellis & Sarah Jane?

Thanks

Cheran;)
                Hi Cheran

I don't have credits for the 1911 census, so don't have access to the full address, but I can tell you they were in Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire.

I also cannot find a marriage for William and Sarah in thetime frame 1855-1878 (in case they married late). You could always check with the local Records Office, in the case the registration failed to be included in the GRO index.

Di
                Diane
                Sydney Australia
                Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Working...
                X