Baldwin Family - Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldwin Family - Kent

I am researching the name Baldwin with roots in Kent - predominantly the Wrotham/Malling area. I have come to a brick wall as I cannot find any further information in online parish registers for William Baldwin born circa 1816 and Martha Hollman (his wife) born circa 1818. Any help greatfully received.

There are about 7 trees on Ancestry that have a William Baldwin born Kent 1817/1818 are they yours?

Actually there is a lot, one born in Gillingham, one in Wrotham, one in Cobham none with Martha as wife!

Edit to say: just realised its on the wrong board!
    Last edited by Guest; 12-09-09, 13:28.

Comment

There comes a point when you can't do it online. You don't say where you are, but there should be an LDS family history centre near you where you can order microfilm of the relevant parishes to borrow for a small fee.

If you can get to the relevant records office for Kent so much the better as they will have a wealth of stuff - maps, street directories, etc.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

How far away is

MARTHA HOLLMAN
        Christening: 09 MAY 1819 Ightham, Kent,
        Parents:
        Father: JOHN HOLLMAN Mother: MARTHA

also

1. JAMES HOLMAN Christening: 08 SEP 1816 Ightham, Kent, England

2. GEORGE HOLMAN Christening: 25 APR 1824 Ightham, Kent, England

3 MARY HOLLMAN Christening: 05 AUG 1821 Ightham, Kent, England
        Jess

Comment

Thanks guys for your input.

Jess - thanks, I will log this info and check it out. Where did you get the info?
          Maggie - thanks for the tip pn Ancestry - I will look them up (and sorry my message was on the wrong board - I am a clutz)
          Nell - thank you I am going to try and speak to the records office, they were good previoulsy, but that was for obtaining a birth certificate from a choice of two - and they got the right one.

Comment

William Baldwin, Martha

Originally posted by goldengirl52 View Post
            I am researching the name Baldwin with roots in Kent - predominantly the Wrotham/Malling area. I have come to a brick wall as I cannot find any further information in online parish registers for William Baldwin born circa 1816 and Martha Hollman (his wife) born circa 1818. Any help greatfully received.
            Hi I am also searching for information re: William Baldwin born Ightham, census searches point to him being my great, great Grandfather, I have him married to Martha but no date of marriage etc....

Comment

Hi Jeanette - It seems that my William Baldwin may be the same one you are looking for. William is the paternal Great grandfather of my mother-in-law.

I have his marriage to Martha as 1840, and have just today recevied a copy of their marriage certificate.

William and Martha had (as far as I know) 8 children
              John 1840 (my branch of the family)
              William 1843
              Olive 1845
              Thomas 1847
              Fredrick 1849
              George (or Grover) 1851
              Henry 1856
              James 1858

Does any of this tie in with your family tree? It would be nice to link up if it does.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail. It seems it is the same William & Martha, I also
                have them married in 1840 with the same children etc Their eldest child John
                born 1840 is also whom I am related to, it is one of his sons who is my
                Grandad, this is all very exciting I can not wait to hear from you.

Regards
                Jeannette

jeannette@theavonhotel.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X