1861 Garston census look up plse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1861 Garston census look up plse

Good morning...18 months ago OC found this family for me in Garston in 1871.
    because of the surname I left the research for a while....have a lot of time this weekend,so I`m back looking at them......here`s hoping
    David Jones 38 dock labourer ..lodger
    Mary E wife 41 hull ,Yorks
    Mary E dau 12 liverpool
    Robert A son 5 liverpool
    can someone tell me what address this was ?...and why if David is down as a lodger,are there no other names in the household....
    also is this family in Garston in 1861..if so ,is there an address.if Mary E was born in 1858 or 59 they should be...or am I clutching at straws ???.....also...am I being green in thinking there is a possible chance of finding the marriage of David Jones to Mary E ???.......in Liverpool ,not forgetting that
    David was 26
    Mary E was 29 when Mary E was born......they could well have been married well before Marys birth....anything from 10 years previous to 1858... not very hopeful....allan
    Last edited by garstonite; 12-09-09, 09:45.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

I`ve trawled through freebmd marriages and can`t find one marriage for David Jones to Mary E ????....in liverpool 1850-1860 ....
    as Mary E was born in Hull,which region of Yorkshire is this ?...North Yorkshire or North Riding...I presume it`s NOT West Yorkshire.....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Address for 1871 census is 16 Greenland Street.
      David is listed as Lodger - but next to it is written Head.

I'll see if I can find anything in 1861
      Elaine

Comment

Not having much luck with 1861.
        Elaine

Comment

there's this one in cheshire:

Marriages Sep 1853- Altrincham 8a 229
          BERRY, Adelaide
          Buck, Mary Ellen
          JONES, David
          JONES,George

my lot lived in manchester, but moved to altrincham.
          Last edited by kylejustin; 13-09-09, 07:51.

Comment

one of these could be likely:

Births Mar 1866
            JONES Robert A W Derby 8b 567
            Births Sep 1867
            Jones Robert Arthur P W. Derby 8b 398
            Births Dec 1868
            JONES Robert Allen W.Derby 8b 302

Comment

Many thanks Elaine...apologies for not replying but my daughter and her 2 children called yesterday...so with those 3 and my wife using the puter I was cast aside like a broken toy....lol....
              Kyle...I`ve checked on cheshirebmd and David Jones married Mary Ellen Buck at St Marys,Bowden, Cheshire......would you believe that in 1856 MY MOTHERS side of the family (my 2 x g grandparents) married in Bowden...now I don`t know whether David Jones / Mary Ellen Buck are my 3 x g grandparents yet on my FATHERS side....but if they are how uncanny is that ?....so I still have to find David Jones / Mary E ?????`S marriage...thank you both....I still think that David Mary E and young Mary E are somewhere in the South of Liverpool in the 1861 census...I am checking on CPRDB for Davids and Mary Ellen Bucks marriage to see if it has Davids residence is given ....back soon....allan;)
              Last edited by garstonite; 13-09-09, 09:47.

Comment

i was thinking you could a childs birth, and get the marriage that way! but they are very common names, and there are like 4 different ones for robert alone!!

Comment

Is there any way I can check other than IGI to see if Mary Ellen Buck was born abt 1829/30/31 in HULL ?....Allan...back soon ...checking IGI..
                  ADDED...Nothing on IGI....allan
                  Last edited by garstonite; 13-09-09, 10:49.

Comment

Working...
                  X