Accident Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident Info

One of my mother's cousins was killed in an accident as a infant in 1936.
    Where would I be able to get the inquest report please?
    I know it also appeared in the papers, but I think I will have to travel to a library in the area of the accident to see those.
    Thanks.

We have a wiki page which might help - Coroner's Records - Family Tree Forum
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine. I'll take a look now.

Comment

Thanks again Elaine, I think I need to concentrate more on the newspaper reports, probably find more info in those.

Comment

Morfydd

if you know what are the event happened in, try emailing the local library, they might have copies of the paper/s that covered the accident and copy them for you.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I've had newspaper reports for pennies from 4 separate libraries - they didn't charge for looking it up since I could give them an exact date of death.
            Two photocopied the relevant page from the paper & the others emailed for free.
            Another library I contacted wanted a search fee of £30 so that one can wait till I can get there in person!
            Vicky

Comment

Hi girls, I contacted the library in the area and they told me I have to visit to check the newspapers, luckily it's not too far away.

Comment

ooooh that sounds like progress Morfydd..

:smilee:

dont forget the update when you find out, I know its not nice but at least then you can give it some sort of closure, I was pretty flabbergasted when I found my 2x Gt grans 'inquest' in the local paper, made very sad reading too.
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Just hope it made the papers. I have a death that had an inquest but there is nothing in the papers either round the time of death or the time of the inquest.

The cause of death was shocking but not finding out more was worse.
                  Kit

Comment

Working...
                  X