Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2009 help please

Hi

I have just purchased 2009 as i wanted to tidy up my Ancestry tree, but think it may have been a waste of time. Im only playing with it at work and will properly register it etc when i get home, but i want to clean up the sources that are quoted on Ancestry. I changed my username to get the big discount on an Ancestry subscription, then i exported my tree from my old user and installed it into my new one. The sources were there but without the actual Census images, so i have had to go and re-search for all the census images again. So now i have two or three sources per person but only one with an actual image, and i wanted to delete the other source information so i only have the one with the image linked to it.

Can i tell in FTM which source has the census image attached to it? Or do none as i have exported it as a Gedcom, so will I need to delete all the source information and start the census linking process all over again?

Many thanks and hope that makes sense
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

A GEDCOM file is data only so will not contain your census images.
    Elaine

Comment

bummer! oh well i will just delete all the source info quoted and start from the very beginning. so long as i can upload with all the census images back onto ancestry thats fine (which you kindly informed me was possible yesterday)

thanks Elaine
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
      X