Pallots Marriage Index Query Plse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pallots Marriage Index Query Plse

I have a marriage found on Pallotts in 1828 that I have confirmed to be mine by getting later certs.

I have had success just recently in finding baptisms and now know that my GGxGF was born in 1825 (before this wedding) and a brother I didn't know about was born 5 months after the wedding. They were both baptised at the same time.

It does appear that there was a previous marriage but without more confirmed info I am well and truly stuck!

Pallotts does not give the name of the church but just says Rotherhithe and the date of 14 January 1828.

Please would someone advise me on what information would be in the actual parish records and how I could possibly find it without knowing which church it was.

It is not possible for me to get to London to research in the actual parish records but I have looked on Ancestry trees and IGI and there is so much conflicting information I need some clarity of thought!

As always any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Lal x

Mirror,Mirror, on the wall......I am my mother after all!!

Lal,

From City of London "London Generations", seems St Mary's was the Church open at that time in Rotherhithe (All Saints' records appear to start in 1840)

LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK 1827 Feb - 1837 Jun [X097/233 - index X102/014]
    SAINT MARY, ROTHERHITHE, SAINT MARYCHURCH STREET, SOUTHWARK
    Register of marriages

If another member was going to the LMA soon, perhaps they could look it up for you?

Hope this is some help
    Carol

Comment

Hi Carol

Thank you for that, I have made a note - I have got to the stage where my brain hurts!!

Kindest regards
      Lal x

Comment

ParishRegister.com - Search Parish Registers Online
        this is a good site they have some Rotherhithe records you can download online

Comment

Hi Lal,

have you lookied on Hugh Wallis site at all? this shows extracted records only

IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (N-Z), England

you might be lucky.. and you can also do a batch/parents search I believe.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you Val

I have used that site but am I right in thinking that Find my Past has all of their information?

I spent quite a bit on there until I realised that I could get it 'free' with my subscription on FMP.

Mind you I'll look anywhere at the moment.
            Lal x

Comment

Thank you Julie

I can't get the link to work but I will google and get in that way.
              Lal x

Comment

If it turns out to be St Mary Rotherhithe (which sounds most likely) I visited it last month and photographed it

Surrey Towns and Parishes R - Family Tree Forum

There are also a couple of interior shots here

Talk:Surrey Towns and Parishes R - Family Tree Forum

Comment

Jill

What lovely photos!

That is a real bonus for those of us who are not able to visit these places - thank you.
                  Lal x

Comment

Lal,

you do know that if you want to take copies of the photos (in our Places of worship database) for your own personal records you are more than welcome.

if you click on the photo you require, it will bring up a bigger picture you can 'right click' with your mouse and 'save as' to your computer.
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Lal.

You will not get much information from a parish record for a marriage in 1828.

It will tell you if they were full age and will give the names of witnesses.
                      It will not give the names of their parents though.
                      Pam

Comment

It will give the parish they were living in at the time of the marriage and the witnesses may be family members, but as Pam says, they aren't as informative as the ones after 1 July 1837.
                        ~ with love from Little Nell~
                        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                        X