Google Mail ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Mail ?

I use GMail and I thought that I could go to MY ACCOUNT from the home page. Since the New Version has been installed on my PC (not at my request) this wording is missing and I need to go to (i google).

Maybe I am wrong as I look at so many different providers depending on where I am working.(unpaid of course).
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Hi Margaret, I'm not sure that I fully understand.

If you have Google as your home page ...

When I go to http://www.google.com/ at the top right corner there is iGoogle | Search settings | Sign in. I just click on 'Sign in' and it takes me to the Google Accounts page where I can sign in.

When I go to https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&co ntinue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%3Fhl%3D en%26ui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2 &hl=en it takes me straight to the Google Accounts page where I can sign in.

In both cases I could select the 'stay signed in' if I wanted.

Just thinking about it, maybe you used to have some addon that allowed you just to click on something and it would take you straight to where you want.

Comment

You can also use www.gmail.com

Clare

Comment

Clare, Thank you, my friend in the states always puts gmail into may address and I receive OK.

John, That is the word I was missing 'Add On' and as I was permanently logged in I was able to access my account. I think I am missing the icon now that I have a second address and log in and out. I don't know how I first got the 'Add On' I was just having a fiddle in the early days and it arrived like things do on a PC.

I am trying to remove people from my 'invite' list one is a Solicitor I had contact with and another the local Council. Just old fashioned emails. Is this the same as removing 'Chat'. I still need to look back on the emails so do not wish to delete them. Not keen on inviting the Chairman of the Council to join Gmail.
        I always seem to have a little IQ test for you sorry about that. Take Care,

Cheers,
        Last edited by Margaret N; 12-09-09, 22:45.
        Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Hi Margaret, I always try to help if I can. :Big Grin:

I just wondered if something like this may be of any help in getting what you want (click the link).

Google Toolbar

I haven't downloaded it myself though.

Edit: Actually, after just reading about it a bit more, it may not be what you're looking for. I'll leave the post though.
          Last edited by Guest; 14-09-09, 04:35.

Comment

John,

Thank you for your help it is the 'Invite List' that I am worried about.

I am just going to do another search of the helpline, will let you know if I sort it. Don't waste anymore time on this one as I know you are busy.

Cheers,
            Margaret N

Comment

Working...
            X