Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftm

Hi

if i bought FTM to clean up my tree (duplicates etc) when i uploaded it back onto ancestry would it keep the census images? i havent used FTM for a few years but remember it used to save/ search the ancestry images

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Unless anyone knows better, the only way to transfer your tree is to create and download a GEDCOM file which will be text only, no pictures.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

You can upload a Family Tree File (ftw format) which will include images - I'll find the instructions for you.
      Elaine

Comment

For FTM 2005/6, when you are on Upload a Family Tree page on the Ancestry website, just search for your main FTM file on your computer and it will upload it. No need to convert to GEDCOM format.

See also Upload an existing family tree file

If you use FTM 2009, then you can do the same - upload your main file - by clicking on PUBLISH, and then at the top right of screen you will see a small icon SHARE. Click on that and you will see an option UPLOAD TO ANCESTRY.
        Elaine

Comment

Excellent thanks very much Elaine
          Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
          X