GRO are saying delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO are saying delays

Just been on to order some certs and they are saying due to high demand there will be delays , suppose we can blame WDYTYA

Oh no!!

I've ordered a couple that should be sent out tomorrow. Hope they aren't delayed.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

the message was put up on the 8th so good luck

Comment

I ordered 4 certs a couple of weeks ago and the EDD was 3 September. They arrived yesterday so not such a long delay for me.
        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

you just ordered them in time from yesterday they are slower

Comment

I ordered some last week with a despatch date of today so I hope I get them on Friday. If you order one wrong with the wrong name do they let you know as I have not heard anything

Margaret

Comment

Margaret I get furious with them as they usually dont let you know until your order is about due to arrive which is so frustrating hope your lucky

Comment

Still waiting for a marriage certificate with EDD 3rd September :-(

Comment

I ordered certs on 2 Sept. GRO confirmation email says despatch date 8 Sept
                  so here's hoping.

Glenda

Comment

Still waiting for marriage cert despatch date 3rd too.

Am desperately hoping it's the right one and will solve a mystery and probably means the groom was a bigamist!!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Well there are huge mail strikes going on across the country so there are bound to be delays at the moment. So don't be too hard on the GRO it may not be their fault :(

Comment

they say on their site its owing to the huge demand , we always expect that when a new series of WDYTYA goes out

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          they say on their site its owing to the huge demand , we always expect that when a new series of WDYTYA goes out
                          Praps they need to get some more temp staff in then.... help clear the backlogs?
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

ive just got some certs from 2 and a half weeks ago. an extra few days kills when you want them so much! they usually take two weeks to process and arrive. i just sent for 4 last week and 2 this afternoon, so i hope they get here under 3 weeks.

Comment

Got the marriage certificate today and yes it looks like the groom is a bigamist - as he says he was single but his father is the same as on the previous marriage very unusual name too.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Still waiting !

Comment

well I was naughty and paid the extra for prompt delivery so am hoping it arrives tomorrow otherwise I needn't have bothered

Comment

I am fed up paid £21 for a cert as its someone I have been trying to find for a couple of years and couldn't wait and its not arrived yet.

Comment

Wow.... That's alot of money Val.
                                      I don't think I could justify that price!

Cert. is here now, .....and it's the correct person.
                                      Now to 'kill off' or find a divorce for the groom, to enable Emily to be married into our family..........

Comment

Gwyn its extra for prompt delivery and as I was dying to see it thought it worth the extra but I needn't have bothered.
                                        Glad yours came though

Comment

Working...
                                        X