FMP question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP question

I have seen a couple of posts on here that mention NBI records on FMP. Where would I find these on there? Is it under 'other records'?

Un-related to the 1st question, how do I go about getting an Irish birth cert.?
    I went on the Irish GRO and downloaded a form, but it asks for date of birth, place etc. The only info. I have is from the 1911 census, so it doesn't give enough detail!
    Thanks
    Tessie

You need to click on the tab "Births, marriages and deaths" and then scroll down to "Deaths and Burials". Click on search for "Burials - Parish Records Collection".

You can also find christenings and marriages under births and marriages respectively.

Good luck!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

You will find it under

Birth, marriage and death records 1837 - 2006: search on findmypast

then
      Search Parish Records Collection 1538 - 2005

I don't know the answer to your second question!!
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Re NBI on FMP

Click on Births, Marriages and Deaths and then search Burials - Parish Records Collection 1538-2005, under the Deaths and Burials heading.
        Elaine

Comment

Thank you! Any ideas on the Irish birth cert?

Comment

Hi Tessie

I applied on that form -for DOB I just put 'c' and then the year I was guessing at, and for place I just put 'Cork - no other details'.

I kept my fingers crossed, waited many weeks, rang after a while to be told they had a big backlog - and in the end didn't get a cert as 1857 was too early!!!:p

Still it kept me busy for a while!!

I did get a marriage certificate where the info was equally vague!

Give it a try and good luck!!
            Lal x

Mirror,Mirror, on the wall......I am my mother after all!!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
              Thank you! Any ideas on the Irish birth cert?
              Family Search have Irish Civil Registration Indexes 1845 - 1958 you can search at

FamilySearch Record Search

Cheers
              Sue

Comment

Hi Lal, I will give it go thanks!
                Hi Sue, had a look but too many to choose from! Thanks for the link!!
                Tessie

Comment

Working...
                X