PDA

View Full Version : Record Office: ACTIONED-Winchester or Portsmouth - baptisms, please

Joy Dean
08-09-09, 21:40
Francis William Harrison born in Fareham 6 January 1878

John Harrison born in School Road, Fareham 18 August 1879

Priscilla Elizabeth Harrison born in Portsmouth 31 January 1882

Elizabeth Susan Harrison born in 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace, Eastney, Portsmouth 16 January 1885

Arthur George Harrison born in 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace, Eastney, Portsmouth 4 November 1887

(parents Joseph and Susan Harrison)

Joy Dean
10-10-09, 13:41
given a gentle nudge

Elaine ..Spain
16-10-09, 13:46
If you look at the Research Offer pages in the wiki you will see that one of our members is offering lookups at Winchester Records Office. Click on her name to send him a personal message (PM).

Research Offers: Record Office/Archive (http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/Research_Offers:_Record_Office/Archive)

Joy Dean
16-10-09, 14:51
If you look at the Research Offer pages in the wiki you will see that one of our members is offering lookups at Winchester Records Office. Click on her name to send him a personal message (PM).

Research Offers: Record Office/Archive (http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/Research_Offers:_Record_Office/Archive)

Thank you. I hadn't noticed that before :smilee:

John-Nihon
24-10-09, 06:16
Please let us know if you are successful in getting what you want Joy so I can close this thread. Many thanks.

Joy Dean
24-10-09, 22:55
Please let us know if you are successful in getting what you want Joy so I can close this thread. Many thanks.

I shall John; thank you.

No reply received yet from the message that I sent.

chrisdavage
28-10-09, 14:07
Hi Joy.
so sorry i have just been yesterday for Kat to ports RO.
I have to go back for my own research might be this week but most likely next week and i will have a look for you ,what exactly do you want .
All the best to you Chris

Joy Dean
31-10-09, 23:41
Hi Joy.
so sorry i have just been yesterday for Kat to ports RO.
I have to go back for my own research might be this week but most likely next week and i will have a look for you ,what exactly do you want .
All the best to you Chris

Thank you.

If possible, I should like the dates and places of baptisms, please, for the following, whose parents are Joseph and Susan Harrison. Thank you. Someone told me that they would be more likely to be found in the records office at Winchester.

Francis William Harrison born in Fareham 6 January 1878

John Harrison born in School Road, Fareham 18 August 1879

Priscilla Elizabeth Harrison born in Portsmouth 31 January 1882

Elizabeth Susan Harrison born in 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace, Eastney, Portsmouth 16 January 1885

Arthur George Harrison born in 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace, Eastney, Portsmouth 4 November 1887

PS I am confused - I had sent my message to someone else

chrisdavage
06-11-09, 13:54
Hi Joy.
Some success but one missing.

Francis William Harrison baptised 2nd June 1878, Holy Trinity Fareham .
Mother and father Joseph and Susan ,abode, Funtley occupation, Reserve Force , service by ??? Smith,.
John Harrison ,could not find???.
Priscilla elizabeth and Elizabeth Susan were Baptised same day.
1st March 1885 ,Milton ,St James ,D of Joseph and Susan of 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace , Occupation Labourer,file chu47/1a/3.
Arther George Baptised 25 November 1887,Milton St James,son of Joseph and Susan of 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace ,Occupation Labourer,File chu47/1a/4.

Apparantly some of Fareham,s files are out to be Computerised so John may possibly be in that lot.

I will try to remember to look next time i am at RO.

Hope this help,s and all the best Chris.:):):)

Joy Dean
07-11-09, 13:22
Hi Joy.
Some success but one missing.

Francis William Harrison baptised 2nd June 1878, Holy Trinity Fareham .
Mother and father Joseph and Susan ,abode, Funtley occupation, Reserve Force , service by ??? Smith,.
John Harrison ,could not find???.
Priscilla elizabeth and Elizabeth Susan were Baptised same day.
1st March 1885 ,Milton ,St James ,D of Joseph and Susan of 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace , Occupation Labourer,file chu47/1a/3.
Arther George Baptised 25 November 1887,Milton St James,son of Joseph and Susan of 13 Fort Cumberland Terrace ,Occupation Labourer,File chu47/1a/4.

Apparantly some of Fareham,s files are out to be Computerised so John may possibly be in that lot.

I will try to remember to look next time i am at RO.

Hope this help,s and all the best Chris.:):):)

Thank you very, very much :smilee:

When you go again - as well as for my great-uncle John's (thank you), could you see what it says, please, for abode for great-uncle Frank's? Sorry, just re-read it - did it say just Funtley for abode?
Thank you.

Elaine ..Spain
07-11-09, 13:36
PS I am confused - I had sent my message to someone else

Joy,
If you sent your original request to another member could you please make sure they know that it has now been actioned.

Thanks.

chrisdavage
07-11-09, 15:43
Hi Joy.
Yes on abode it just had Funtley which is not very far from where i live and is still just a small village .

all the best Chris:):):)

Joy Dean
07-11-09, 21:34
Joy,
If you sent your original request to another member could you please make sure they know that it has now been actioned.

Thanks.

Yes, I have done that.

Joy Dean
07-11-09, 21:34
Hi Joy.
Yes on abode it just had Funtley which is not very far from where i live and is still just a small village .

all the best Chris:):):)

Thank you very much.

Elaine ..Spain
08-11-09, 00:48
Yes, I have done that.
Thanks Joy.

Joy Dean
08-11-09, 16:43

Almost successful, John :smilee: - still one to come.

Please leave it still here for a while.
Thank you.

Joy Dean
26-12-09, 23:01
Almost successful, John :smilee: - still one to come.

Please leave it still here for a while.
Thank you.

This may be closed now, thank you.

Elaine ..Spain
26-12-09, 23:20
Thanks Joy. Thread now closed.