printing trees in FTM 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• printing trees in FTM 2006

I've got a tree which prints out on four pages. I have added a background ("tree").

I have set printer settings for no margin and no overlap, but there is still a gap at the side of each page which needs cutting off No matter what I do, the picture, lines and boxes don't print right upto the edge of the page. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to solve it?

I've looked through 5 pages on here in the software section, can't find anything to help on FTM help either.
    Rose

How are you going to stick the pages together if there is no overlap?

I think I am right in saying that there are not many printers that would print to the edge of the page anyway.
    Elaine

Comment

As the edges of a page are perfect I was hoping to butt them together and selly them down the back.
      Rose

Comment

I don´t think it´s possible Rosie and would imagine it´s more to do with your printer rather than FTM.
        Same sort of thing would apply if you were typing a Word document - you can never set margins to zero.
        Elaine

Comment

thanks Elaine. Will just have to become more adept with the scalpel as I think they look really clumsy with the paper overlapped and sellotape on the front over the printing. :F
          Rose

Comment

I never use sellotape - always use a glue stick. Put a little bit right on the edge of each sheet of paper, and you will find that they stick front and back - no sellotape needed.
            Elaine

Comment

Rosi, better to leave a margin and use Crafters double sided tape. Measurements 6mm x 12 metres. It's easy tear and acid free and can be purchased on ebay.
              This way you can tape pages together on the printed side to see how the names are aligning up...........if you tape from the back you're bound to get them out of alignment.
              Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Thanks for those suggestions, I'll probably try both. Must get some of the crafters' tape anyway because I still would like to do a collage one day lol.

Sellotape is so UGLY!

Elaine - would that be Pritt?
                Rose

Comment

Jen, would this be the tape?

2 X 50M DOUBLE SIDED STICKY TAPE 3MM WIDE FREE POSTAGE on eBay (end time 08-Oct-09 16:59:31 BST)

must say the price seems very reasonable.
                  Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post

Elaine - would that be Pritt?
                    It would indeed!
                    Elaine

Comment

thanks
                      Rose

Comment

That looks fine Rosi. It works fine and will be less messy than glues etc.
                        I usually lay it down one border on the front, then with the page you want to align, just place in position.
                        Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Working...
                        X