Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victoria wills – going round in circles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victoria wills – going round in circles!

I'm going round in circles on the Public Record Office of Victoria website, Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) Is there anyone out there who is used to using it and can sort me out, please?

The site tells me (I think) that I can download wills from 1841 – 1925, and I've found the one I want, Thomas Pitman, died 1922, probate 1923. But that's where I get confused – how do I download the will? I keep reaching a log in screen where it tells me I do not need to log in to search and view records online. I must be making the wrong choice somewhere along the line, but whatever I try I can't find the way to the will.

Please sort me out!

scuda
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

I think when you get to the screen below, then you do have to log in to order the item.
    It's just searching & viewing the hits that you don't need to log in for.

We couldn't locate this page on our website. Sorry!   We do our best to ensure that all of the links on our website are working correctly so you may be using a bookmarked link to content that is no longer available. The specific content you're looking for may have changed or been retired (such as any links to access the collection). If you go directly to prov.vic.gov.au you should be able to navigate to the content you're seeking by searching the catalogue (for records) or website (for articles, blogs or other website content).
    Glen

Comment

Thanks for the advice Glen - but I've just tried registering and logging in, but I only seem to have succeeded in ordering the will for viewing at the record office. So I'm still in a mess! I'm usually fine with all these websites, but I'm not getting on with this one.

Still in need of help!

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

It looks as though it hasn't been digitised yet, because it only gives you the option "order item", not "view digitised item".

We couldn't locate this page on our website. Sorry!   We do our best to ensure that all of the links on our website are working correctly so you may be using a bookmarked link to content that is no longer available. The specific content you're looking for may have changed or been retired (such as any links to access the collection). If you go directly to prov.vic.gov.au you should be able to navigate to the content you're seeking by searching the catalogue (for records) or website (for articles, blogs or other website content).

Comment

I see what you mean, Mary, thanks for the link. My reading of whatever page I looked at earlier today was that all the wills in that batch are already available online, but it seems they haven't quite reached that point. That would explain my problems!

Sorry to bother everyone, I shall have to forget that will for a few months.

scuda

Comment

Working...
          X