Clear All

• Probate: ACTIONED - warwickshire for Joseph Croshaw

Hi
    Would appreciate help please in locating info on my 5th ggrandfather
    Joseph Croshaw he was a butcher in Nuneaton and died 22 april 1818
    ( born 1747)

Thankyou
    Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

I'm hoping to visit Lichfield Record Office next week when I'm in England, and I understand they have a lot of Warwickshire probates, so I can have a look for this one and John Jebson for you.

In future, you're probably best to use the Record Office heading for pre-1858 wills, because people seeing the heading Probate will probably think it refers to the National Probate Calendar (post-1858).

Bear in mind that pre-1858 wills proved in the PCC should be on the National Archives site. However, I've looked for these two, and they don't seem to be there.

Comment

Thankyou Mary appreciate your help with queries
      yes checked archives and could not find them :(

Joseph Croshaw ( died 1818) wife was Sarah HAstings Wheway( she died 1821)
      Sarahs father was JAmes Wheway he died 1810 Nuneaton
      can't find JAmes Wheway either

John Jebson died 17 oct 1839 Church st Nuneaton wife Harriett Croshaw
      ( Harriett continued bakery and married John Tabener , HArriett died 1865 )

Thankyou Jebbo

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
      I'm hoping to visit Lichfield Record Office next week when I'm in England, and I understand they have a lot of Warwickshire probates, so I can have a look for this one and John Jebson for you.

In future, you're probably best to use the Record Office heading for pre-1858 wills, because people seeing the heading Probate will probably think it refers to the National Probate Calendar (post-1858).

Bear in mind that pre-1858 wills proved in the PCC should be on the National Archives site. However, I've looked for these two, and they don't seem to be there.
      Last edited by jebbo; 07-09-09, 22:51.

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Thankyou Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

OK, I've made a note of those details.

Comment

Hi Jebbo
            I have Wheways from Nuneaton in my family tree. Don't know much about them though. Need to look through some more parish records. Can't find a James, but I have 2 John's. Probably related. Let me have some more details and I'll see if I can find a link.
            Lisa

Comment

Hi Lisa
              Sent you a pm

Jebbo

Originally posted by lisajj View Post
              Hi Jebbo
              I have Wheways from Nuneaton in my family tree. Don't know much about them though. Need to look through some more parish records. Can't find a James, but I have 2 John's. Probably related. Let me have some more details and I'll see if I can find a link.
              Lisa

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

query for mary from Italy

Hi MAry
                Just wondering if you had any luck finding any info on Jebson and Croshaw

Jebbo :smilee:

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Hi Jebbo,

I was just about to PM you.

I went to Lichfield RO, but unfortunately there was no mention in the wills index of anyone called Croshaw/Crowshaw or Jebson/Jepson/Jephson, or any similar spelling.

Comment

Thankyou you checking for me

Hi Mary
                    Big thankyou for checking names for me
                    appreciate your help

jebbo :smilee:

Hi Jebbo,

I was just about to PM you.

I went to Lichfield RO, but unfortunately there was no mention in the wills index of anyone called Croshaw/Crowshaw or Jebson/Jepson/Jephson, or any similar spelling.

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Hi Jebbo, Please let us know when this thread can be closed. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by John-Nihon View Post
                        Hi Jebbo, Please let us know when this thread can be closed. Many thanks.
                        Hi John
                        Yes its ok to close thread , was hoping to find some info on Croshaw line
                        but no luck

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Many thanks Jebbo. Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                          X