Hi
Would appreciate help please in locating info on my 5th ggrandfather
Joseph Croshaw he was a butcher in Nuneaton and died 22 april 1818
( born 1747)

Thankyou
Jebbo

Mary from Italy
07-09-09, 14:04
I'm hoping to visit Lichfield Record Office next week when I'm in England, and I understand they have a lot of Warwickshire probates, so I can have a look for this one and John Jebson for you.

In future, you're probably best to use the Record Office heading for pre-1858 wills, because people seeing the heading Probate will probably think it refers to the National Probate Calendar (post-1858).

Bear in mind that pre-1858 wills proved in the PCC should be on the National Archives site. However, I've looked for these two, and they don't seem to be there.

jebbo
07-09-09, 22:43
Thankyou Mary appreciate your help with queries
yes checked archives and could not find them :(

Joseph Croshaw ( died 1818) wife was Sarah HAstings Wheway( she died 1821)
Sarahs father was JAmes Wheway he died 1810 Nuneaton
can't find JAmes Wheway either

John Jebson died 17 oct 1839 Church st Nuneaton wife Harriett Croshaw
( Harriett continued bakery and married John Tabener , HArriett died 1865 )

Thankyou Jebbo

I'm hoping to visit Lichfield Record Office next week when I'm in England, and I understand they have a lot of Warwickshire probates, so I can have a look for this one and John Jebson for you.

In future, you're probably best to use the Record Office heading for pre-1858 wills, because people seeing the heading Probate will probably think it refers to the National Probate Calendar (post-1858).

Bear in mind that pre-1858 wills proved in the PCC should be on the National Archives site. However, I've looked for these two, and they don't seem to be there.

jebbo
07-09-09, 22:49
Thankyou Jebbo

Mary from Italy
07-09-09, 23:23
OK, I've made a note of those details.

lisajj
08-09-09, 17:23
Hi Jebbo
I have Wheways from Nuneaton in my family tree. Don't know much about them though. Need to look through some more parish records. Can't find a James, but I have 2 John's. Probably related. Let me have some more details and I'll see if I can find a link.
Lisa

jebbo
09-09-09, 00:03
Hi Lisa
Sent you a pm

Jebbo:)

Hi Jebbo
I have Wheways from Nuneaton in my family tree. Don't know much about them though. Need to look through some more parish records. Can't find a James, but I have 2 John's. Probably related. Let me have some more details and I'll see if I can find a link.
Lisa

jebbo
26-09-09, 05:44
Hi MAry
Just wondering if you had any luck finding any info on Jebson and Croshaw

Jebbo :smilee:

Mary from Italy
26-09-09, 15:19
Hi Jebbo,

I was just about to PM you.

I went to Lichfield RO, but unfortunately there was no mention in the wills index of anyone called Croshaw/Crowshaw or Jebson/Jepson/Jephson, or any similar spelling.

jebbo
27-09-09, 05:16
Hi Mary
Big thankyou for checking names for me
appreciate your help

jebbo :smilee:

Hi Jebbo,

I was just about to PM you.

I went to Lichfield RO, but unfortunately there was no mention in the wills index of anyone called Croshaw/Crowshaw or Jebson/Jepson/Jephson, or any similar spelling.

John-Nihon
27-10-09, 06:17
Hi Jebbo, Please let us know when this thread can be closed. Many thanks.

jebbo
28-10-09, 05:38
Hi Jebbo, Please let us know when this thread can be closed. Many thanks.

Hi John
Yes its ok to close thread , was hoping to find some info on Croshaw line
but no luck

Jebbo

John-Nihon
28-10-09, 05:52
Many thanks Jebbo. Thread closed.