Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspapers

Hi

A while back (a few years?) there was free subscription to a load of newspaper archives (was it the Gale collection?)

I would like to check some regional papers again and have found the British Libraries British Newspapers site (British Newspapers - Home) but notice that it is a subscription site. Before I pay out, can I just check whether I can get access for free anywhere? I am particularly interested in the Newcastle Courant and any Warwickshire papers (does anybody know of any - especially Leamington area?)

Many thanks in advance

Jo
    :D Charney Jo

Have you checked with your local library. Some libraries allow you access to the Times Archives and the Gale Newspaper collection by just entering your library pin number into the website - you can view them in the comfort of your own home!
    Elaine

Comment

Oh, excellent. I will have a look. I bet Oxfordshire don't do that or have a very confusing website. Doesn't take much to confuse me these days!

Comment

If you can't get it via your local library at home some larger library branches have access, each county differs.

Comment

Found it and got on easily. Excellent saved some pennies to put towards something else.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X