irish marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• irish marriage

how would i go about getting a marriage certificate from Ireland please? Is there a free irish BMD?:o
    on the 1911 census I have a couple married for 25 years.

i suggest taking a look in the wiki. you know the county, so that will make it easier for you.

Ireland - Family Tree Forum

Comment

Have a look on Family Search. They have Irish BMDs.

FamilySearch Record Search
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Gloryer,

what were their names? - I'm subscribed to Emerald Ancestors for the month...
        Kind regards,
        William
        Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

thank you all, sorry I didnt respond earlier as I have been away for a couple of days.

from 1911 census this is what I have

The names I have are Patrick Lynch age 55 b co Wexford
          wife Johanna age 60 b co Kilhenny
          son Garrett age 18 b co wexford

Comment

Hi
            Just looked on Emerald Ancestors, and I can't find a marriage for them. Have you tried ancestry Ireland, they are a fantastic site, and I generally find records on there that I can't find on Emerald Ancestors.

I will look now and see if they have a possible birth date for Garrett.

Comment

Found a possible birth record For Patrick - born 1855, father Patrick, in Antrim.
              Can't find one for Garrett.
              Hope it is of some help.

Comment

My Oh has Wexford ancestors and many of the Wexford BMD are not online through the online sites but if you go to the Pilot Site at Family Search may be worth a try. I keyed in OH's name but it did not come up, though have also just keyed in Lynch for Wexford Ireland and many Lynch came up. This is a free site, but as it is a pilot site then there may also be many that are not on here.

FamilySearch Record Search

The Irish Family History Foundation also has online records but many Wexford ones are not on here either, though you could try it. It is a pay per view site.

Online Irish ancestral Birth, Death and Marriage records for Ireland. Irish Genealogy research center - Irish Family History Foundation

Best to go through the online site at Roscommon for BMD in Ireland post 1864 and you will need to complete a form and send Euros for the certificates required.

Incidentally Patrick and Johanna Lynch will be names found all over Ireland so if you have found yours in Wexford which is Eire or Southern Ireland it is highly unlikely there would have been a marriage for the same couple in Antrim, which is Northern Ireland. My advice is stick with Wexford and go with the information you have unless you have proved differently. Just because you cannot find the ones you want online is not an indication that they are not there. It just means that yours are not online as so many others have found out.

Consider his other names as he may have married as Joseph Patrick Lynch for example.

Janet
                Last edited by Janet; 07-09-09, 12:31.

Comment

Working...
                X