No announcement yet.

OK, tonight's trying to find please ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, tonight's trying to find please ...

Another one I have been trying to find for ages (and I am sure it will take some of you - Elaine, are you on tonight :D) 5 mins!

I'm trying to find Henry Treadwell, b. 18 Sep 1848, Leamington Warwickshire in the 1851 census. His parents were Charles and Sarah Ann Treadwell - Elaine found them for me last night - transcribed as Headwell - but Henry was not with them. He is also not with his grandparents. He was the only sibling that I know of born by this time.

I don't suppose anyone with superior searching abilities fancies having a look for me? I would be very grateful (and also a bit annoyed that I couldn't find him but it's driving me nuts now!)

Many, many thanks
    :D Charney Jo

I dont have an ancestry subscription but have you seen Henry Treadwell abt 1850 in 1851 warwickshire ?
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

He's with parents Charles and Caroline and lots of other children - so I assumed he is the wrong one.

Having another try

No, luck - sorry.

Anne
      Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 04-09-09, 20:55.

Comment

oh thought it was too easy:(
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Hi

Thanks, yes there was a Henry born at a similar time who was the child of a Charles and Caroline. He is the one who always comes up at every census!

Unfortunately I think "my" Henry's upbringing was a bit unconventional - he is never listed with his parents and in 1861 was living with his maternal grandmother while his parents are both working in Newcastle! (He is the son of the man I asked about earlier who died from alcoholism so lost both parents - seperately - when he was 20 and they were 41).

Thanks for your help ... :-D

Comment

Hi

I need to go and feed my baby and get some sleep but I would still be appreciative of any help anyone can give with this. Anne and Jean, thank you for looking (and still looking if indeed you are!)

Many thanks

Comment

Found a Henry Treadwell born 1846 with sibling Thomas Tredwell b 1842. Parents Jane and Edward Perry born Sutton Courtenay Berkshire - living in Abingdon Oxfordshire.
              Suppose it is pretty unlikely, but at least it will bump the thread up!

Comment

Hi Trina

Thanks for looking. It's not the same Henry, sadly, but I appreciate the bump :D!

Comment

Not having much luck here either!
                  Elaine

Comment

Oh no, Elaine :D!

Comment

Do you actually have his birth certificate?
                      Was he born as Treadwell. I have found an entry on the IGI which gives his date of birth (or maybe date of christening) as 18 SEP 1848 (Leamington) - and if I have the right marriage (Sarah Hudson/Charles Treadwell) it looks as if the parents didn't marry until the September quarter 1848.
                      Is there a chance he could be recorded somewhere as Henry Hudson - although I cannot see it at the moment.
                      Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

You are completely right - I got the info from the IGI as I cannot find a birth certificate for him but didn't think to look under Hudson! I have the marriage cert of Charles and Sarah Ann - they got married on 2nd September 1848.

Hmmm ... off to check for Henry as Hudson but if he's not with family I can't imagine where he is! Maybe I will have to look for all their brother and sisters - I have checked some but hoped I wouldn't have to!

Thanks again - your time, effort and thoughts are very much appreciated!

Comment

Bit of a close call if they married on 2nd September and he was born on the 18th!
                          The IGI is a submitted entry so it does need to be checked - it may well relate to a christening rather than a birth.
                          Elaine

Comment

What year of birth does he give on later census?
                            Does 1848 fit in well with the details on his marriage certificate (if you have it)
                            Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine

According to the census returns he is:

1861: 12
                              1871: 23
                              1881: 34
                              1891: 45
                              1901: 53

On his marriage cert: July 1866 - 21 years
                              On his death cert: January 1917 - 69 years

Comment

The only birth registration I can see for a Henry Hudson is Mar 1845, Warwick 16 572
                                - which does fit in reasonably well with his age at marriage.

Might be worth seeing if you can eliminate this Henry.
                                Elaine

Comment

Umm, that birth registration could well be this one from the IGI

HENRY HUDSON
                                  Christening: 09 MAR 1845 Leamington Priors, Warwick, England

Parents - EDMUND HUDSON & HANNAH
                                  Elaine

Comment

1851 census
                                    HO107; Piece: 2072; Folio: 604; Page: 18

Henry Hudson with parents Edmund and Hannah.

*back to the drawing board*
                                    Elaine

Comment

OK Elaine, I will apply for that certificate - thanks. I know for sure that he isn't the Henry Treadwell born in 1849 in Warwick (Sarah or Sarah Ann wasn't his mother's name!) I'm guessing that was Charles and Caroline's son (easy line to research!)

But where was he in 1851 (or could he have simply been missed off?)

Comment

Oh, OK I won't then - lol!

Comment

Working...
                                        X