1916 Canadian census (Saskatchewan) look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 Canadian census (Saskatchewan) look up please

I've just discovered that the 1916 Canadian census is on Ancestry.ca - which I don't have access to. I think it's also available on World Membership.

Please is anyone able to look up Jessie Ann KEY, b 1897 in Monmouthshire.
    She should be living in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan with her parents, Charles (b1869 in Abberley, Worcs, England ) & Jessie (b 1873 in Manchester, England ) KEY. Her brother Edward (b 1898 in Monmouthshire) was in the C.E.F. so probably would not be listed as he may have been fighting in France at the time of the census. I would like their address if possible please. Jessie Ann was my grandmother and I would like to know if, when her parents moved to Perdue to farm, she was at the same address in Saskatoon where she lived for the rest of her life.

Thank you in anticipation.
    Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 04-09-09, 20:27.
    My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Hi,

The "address" isn't exactly a name of a farm:

Municipality: Biggar
    Canton: 37
    Rang: (row) 17
    West 3rd

Edward was in Canada at Camp Hughes.

I have PMd you.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Hi Caroline

Thank you for the address. I think that was the area where G Grandpa Key homesteaded near Biggar. I haven't got those records to hand at the moment, but the numbers look familiar. I had hoped they may be living in Saskatoon itself, (prior to the homestead) at the address where Grandma lived after her marriage in 1919, but it seems not.

Thank you again. I have emailed you.

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

No problem - I didn't realise the 1916 was already only and have also now found one of my relations with his family in Saltcoats. It is the rather stiff looking gentleman on the front page of the Spotlight on FTF issue of the magazine, which many people will have seen if they came in that way after the server move!!
        Caroline
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you again

I'm off to look at your stiff looking gentleman now :D

Could I be really cheeky and ask for another lookup please?
          William (Willie) Roy KILPATRICK, my grandad, born in Canada in 1897. He also was in the C.E.F. so may not be listed. His father, George Washington () KILPATRICK (b 1859)should be in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, possibly also with son George (b 1893).

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

On its way - two for the price of one this time.
            Caroline

Comment

I'm so pleased, I've found out loads tonight :D

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Working...
              X