No announcement yet.

Another Cheshire RO look up please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Another Cheshire RO look up please....

The marriage of one John Holland born 1796 Marston Great Budworth Cheshire. Possible name for wife Ellen ? (hopefully a maiden name too)

source of John's name from his sons wedding cert and possible mothers given name and siblings from Bivri.

If they are the right couple.....their 1st child was born in 1823 which would put them in their early 20's. So may have married between 1820/3 Somewhere in the Marston/Great Budworth area of Cheshire. The baptisms of most of the children may have come under Northwich.

I'd very much appreciate any help for this couple, if anyone can get to the RO, as they have been left abandoned far too long now. Thankyou for looking. ;)
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Jen, the records they hold in Northwich library are a bit poor, however, if you get no takers for the RO pm me and I will have a look end of next week.
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thankyou for the offer Jean I will.
      I think that's why I've had so much trouble finding them because there is so little out there for this area.
      Jen

Comment

If you do a search on Penny's NORTHWICH Pages
        you will find Holland is a very popular surname in the area!
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thanks Jean, don't think I've seen this one before. I know the Holland name is popular in Cheshire, at one time I had the son tied up with the wrong family, wasn't until I got his wedding cert, I realised he had the wrong father.
          Jen

Comment

I have a Martha Holland b1851 Marston married William Astles in 1871 at St Marys Gt Budworth. I haven't done any research on them as they are not OH direct relations.
            Last edited by jean; 05-09-09, 11:09.
            Jean

Comment

So far Jean, this is what I have for sure.........on my gt, gt grandfather William Holland's wedding cert.......his father John (the one I'm trying to trace), is recorded as being a Labourer.
              William is a soldier in the Buffs based at Canterbury, where he married.

I have 2 families, they may be the same family or 2 separate families...unsure!

1851 HO107/2165 F276 P19
              Civil Marston
              Eccles. Great Budworth
              Reg dist. Northwich
              Sub reg. Weaverham.

H. John Holland 1796 55 Northwich Farm Labourer
              W. Ellen 47 Marston
              D Ellen 13 Marston
              D Jane 9 Marston
              S Charles 6 Marston
              D Martha 3 Marston
              S Samuel 9 months Marston

My William married in 1853 at 24, so would have been born abt. 1829 which seems like a big gap between him and their daughter Ellen......unless there were others which I haven't yet found. So far this family seems unlikely.......

Then in 1861 RG9/2602 F113 P4
              Civil Marston
              Eccles. Gt. Budworth
              Town Marston
              Reg Northwich
              Sub Northwich Address Marston Lane.

H John Holland 1799 62 Labourer at salt works Wincham Cheshire
              W Ellen 1804 57 Marston
              D Jane 1842 19 Marston
              D Martha 1848 13 Marston
              Gs James 1858 3 Daughters child
              Gs Sam 1860 6mths Daughters child.

NB. There is a Martha in both these families Jean......whether its the one you have come across???

To be quite honest, I still can't see how/where my William fits in......or if there should be other children.........and there are so many John Hollands in the area too!

I keep trying to think of ther ways to attack this problematic family, sure there must be one but I haven't thought of it yet...:D

Only having William's fathers given name of John and an occupation of Labourer (which can apply to any trade), makes it so difficult to pinpoint them doesn't it Jean?
              Jen

Comment

From an index:

John HOLLAND, bachelor m Ellen BRACEGIRDLE, Sp. 26 October 1822 at Great Budworth

JDGen
                CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
                DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
                HRT: Gurney
                HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
                LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
                NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
                YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Comment

Nudge.

Comment

Working...
                  X