Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the cause of death?

Hi

I received this death certificate today. I cannot read the cause of death. The best I could come up with was 'Delerium Tremors' but I can't be sure and cannot read the next line. Can anyone please help? I know a lot of you on here are fab (Elaine ...?)

Hope the link works ...

Thanks
    Jo
    :D Charney Jo

Ah, I can read the 3 days. Just thinking, is it the name of the doctor first and not a continuation of his illness?

Comment

My guess!

Delirium tremors three days
      Apoplexy 1 hour
      Certified
      Elaine

Comment

Ah, I can read the "3 days". Just thinking, is it the name of the doctor first and not a continuation of his illness?

Comment

Thanks Elaine. So, what exactly did he die of then? He was only 41 ... his wife died 2 months later of pneumonia aged 41 too.

Comment

While you are checking Elaine, does it say "Man Cook" as occupation? In the 1861 census he was a cook at a hotel.

Thanks again :D

Comment

it could be
              Delirium tremens - aka DTs; hallucination due to alcoholism.

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

I think Alan is right - tremens, not tremors!

Occupation does look like Man Cook!
                Elaine

Comment

Oh dear, his grandson died in his early 30's due to alcoholism too!

Thanks both ...

Comment

Originally posted by Charney Jo View Post
                    Oh dear, his grandson died in his early 30's due to alcoholism too!

Thanks both ...
                    It has been suggested that, in some cases, there may be a genetic component to the susceptibility to alcohol addiction - or addiction in general, but alcohol's the easiest to get old of.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X