Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just read his WW1 record..now its gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read his WW1 record..now its gone!

I was having a root through WW1 service records on Ancestry under the surname Carroll.... I found one of mine. It had 12 pages, I skimmed through them. Great I thought.... so I opened up FTM 2009 so I could pull up the record via Ancestry and add it to my tree.
    I mistakenly closed my original search. I have sat here for an hour trying to find the record again. Don't know what I have done but I cant find it.
    This is what I saw on the first page of my original search.......

Thomas Carroll, b abt 1881 (I am almost certain of the first name) the address 2a Gidlow Road, Stanley and then I think it said Liverpool or Lancs. That is an address I have in my tree. It showed up on the first page of the search before I went into viewing the docs.
    I skimmed the record, he was in the Transport Corps? He joined up in Dec 1916 he was aged 24 and 2 months (I think) and I foolishly didn't write his service No. or anything down

I have tried searching using different combinations but cant find the record again and that address 2a Gidlow Rd doesn't show..... what have I done? Can anyone find help me find him again?
    Many thanks
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

This one has the address of Gidlow Road, Stanley, but year of birth is c1891, not 1881
    - Ancestry.co.uk

Is it the one you were looking at?
    Elaine

Comment

Yes thats it!!! You are a star, thank you so very much Elaine. Don't know how you find things but you do I will be much more careful in future.
      John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

Working...
      X