Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War 2 Military Death certificate

Can anyone help please

Has anyone ever obtained a military death certificate for World War 2 , and advise what details are listed about the deceased, such as how he died and where etc.etc

I know the ones from WW1 do not state much, but i wondered if the ones from the second world war gave more detail.

Many thanks for any info

George
    Researching Drury, Tinley, Watson, Pavier. Mainly Nottinghamshire

Hi

the ones I got simply state name, number, rank and regiment and KIA being Killed in Action.

Not much more than the certs for WW1
    WendyP

Comment

Wendy

Thanks for your reply, i thought that may be the case, i was hoping they would not be similar to the ones for WW1.

Thank you George

Comment

You may find you can get more by combining whatever is on the CWGC site with a regimental war diary, or equivalent.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

HI

Was there something specific you were hoping to see on the cert?
          WendyP

Comment

Christine & Wendy
            Thanks for your replies, that is the avenue i will have to explore, but i understand that to find the war diaries you need to know the specific unit he was serving with, the only thing i know from the CWGC site that he was in the Royal Engineers, i don't have the the actual regiment or unit he served with.

I realise it is his service records that are required which will most likely provide the answers, but at £30-00 and a long wait, it not possible at the moment,

Wendy
            I am confused with the Roll of Honour records that are now on Ancestry for the person i am looking at, inasmuch the "theatre of war" is indicated as being "At Sea", but he is commemorated in a cemetery the middle of Holland.So i was hoping the death certificate would give some idea where he died, as i cannot see that he died at sea, but i could be wrong

Many thanks for your assistance

George

Comment

HI George

I've sent you a Pm regarding this matter
              WendyP

Comment

Working...
              X