Criminal Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Records

I see that Ancestry now have some criminal records.

I did a name search and came across the trial of Dobson Dodds on 15 October 1883 at Durham. When I clicked on view image it said I had to have premium membership (I only have essentials).

Question: is there anywhere else I can get details of this trial and sentence?
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Hi Linda

Durham Record Office will have the quarter sessions.
    Jay

Comment

General quarter sessions 15/8/1883

Dodson Dodds
      Charged with unlawfully wounding
      Sentenced to 9 months imprisonment
      Jay

Comment

Newcastle Courant Friday, October 19, 1883

Dobson Dodds (on bail) pleady guilty to inflicting grievous bodly harm upon Joseph Storey at Fulwell 26th August, and was sentenced to 9 months hard labour.
        Jay

Comment

WOW - Jay this is outstanding. I've never been so excited or so thankful in all my family history research over the last nine years. You are brilliant. Thank you so much.

Calming down a bit - can I ask how you found the information from the Newcastle Courant.

Thank you again.

Linda:D:D
          Linda - Happy Hunting

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Hi Linda

Pleased to help another Northerner ;)

It's from the online 19th Century Newspapers, you need to have either a sub for it or belong to a library that allows access from home.

British Newspapers - Home
            Jay

Comment

Hello Jay, Many thanks for that link. Think I shall build up a list of queries before I purchase a one day pass. Excellent site. Didn't know it existed.
              Linda - Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
              X