Fmp; 1851, n.e.e. ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fmp; 1851, n.e.e. ??

I'm probably being thick, but does anyone know what N.E.E. stands for on the new transcriptions for the damaged Lancashire 1851 census on FMP.

I'm trying to confirm some missing people, but where the child should be it says "NEE", I'm guessing it means they couldn't decipher the damaged line.

Any ideas, please?
    ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Nudge

Comment

Just nudging in case the weekend crew has any ideas,
      thanks,
      ~ Louise ~

Comment

I have no idea but maybe email FMP and ask them. They may have similar queries.

Let us know if you find out, please.
        Kit

Comment

Hi Kit,

took your advise & contacted FMP........this is their reply

Dear Mrs. "Meridian Line"
          Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are not professional historians or genealogists so we would not be able to help you with this query. You could try contacting a local or internet history forum to see if they can offer any help.

Thank you for your email.

Regards,

Very useful.......NOT !!
          ~ Louise ~

Comment

This data was transcribed by the Manc FHS if I remember rightly.

It was originally on the FHOL site, which still has some information about the database, including the following:

Illegible characters are shown using full stops/periods (.)
            Family History Online

So n.e.e might be niece?

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian Line View Post
              Unfortunately we are not professional historians or genealogists so we would not be able to help you with this query.
              What an appalling reply. They might as well have added "we're only after your cash".

Comment

Hi Mary,
                I've emailed Manchester FHS, probably should have done that in the first place.

The annoying thing is, its on many of the pages I've looked at, & is written in the "street" column, there is nothing else on the line. Its not clear if thats because the rest of the line is unreadable, or because its a blank line on the original.

If FMP had bothered to look at the pages, they would see its got nothing to do with interpreting a census image, its something which has been added by themselves or MFHS.
                ~ Louise ~

Comment

When I was looking at this at MLFHS in Manchester recently I noticed this and it appears to be when there is no entry on that line. Though what exactly NEE abbreviates I do not know.

Comment

No Entry E... ?

No E.... Entered ?

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

No Enumeration Entry

Manchester & Lancashire FHS replied straight away..... for them!!!

Thanks for everyones input.
                      ~ Louise ~

Comment

Working...
                      X