This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert help please

A relation has sent me list with generations pages in it looks to be set out as such ;;

Is there any way of making it open in gedcom format please

Elaine hope your around as you are usually good at this type of thing
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Hi Babs, You'll have to convert all the information and I'm not sure that it will be very easy to do. You won't be able to open it directly as a GEDCOM. Could you ask them to send it to you in a GEDCOM file.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-09-09, 10:33.

Comment

I did John this is the one you opened for me ages ago babe ;;;
      she only uses the library computer so no chance of that ;;;dam and loads of brilliant info on it ;;
      So looks like long marathon fingers walking job then then ;;;dam

Comment

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare if you're going to have to type (or C & P) it all in Babs. :(

Comment

Babs, the person who has sent this info to you has created it using a genealogy report. She must have generated this from some sort of software, e.g FTM, PAF etc - the fact that she sent it from a library computer is immaterial.

Ask her which software she is using - and then we can put together some instructions that you can send to her so that she can send you a GEDCOM.
          As it stands there is nothing you can do, other than to key in the information manually.
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks you two will go back through e-mails 1st see if she said what she made it in I know she replied to me after I told her I couldnt open it , ,,,,it cam as dat file if you remember John

Comment

Working...
            X