Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing in Ancestry - but not in TheGenealogist.co.uk

Hi

I have been searching for Charles Treadwell, b. 1827 Kenilworth, Warwickshire and his wife Sarah Ann Treadwell, b. 1827 Leamington in the 1851 census for what seems like ages oh, and their son Henry). They are mistranscribed as Tredwick in 1861, living in Newcastle without their by now 2 children, both with occupations of Cook in a hotel. I have spent evenings going through ancestry for alternative spellings.

Tonight, I thought I would check other sites and on TheGenealogist.co.uk I ran a search and they have what looks like a match ... but I don't have any credits and am not sure that I will need them (it doesn't look like there is enough on that site too justify me subscribing but please tell me if I am wrong!)

Why does this record not show on Ancestry (or is someone going to prove me wrong :D)? Is there any way that I can get a copy of this record without subscribing?

Thanks in advance
    :D Charney Jo

I have also had this problem with Ancestry many a time! However, I use find my past with you can either subscribe to or pay per view. I will have a look on there for you as I have credits!
    Tessie

Comment

Thanks so much Tessie.

I checked FreeCen too but that came up with no results too :-( It's hard enough as it is without ancestry not listing it!

Comment

1851 Ancestry -transcribed as Freadwell
        HO107; Piece: 2072; Folio: 389; Page: 34
        - Ancestry.co.uk
        Elaine

Comment

Can't look on find my past as they do not have complete transcriptions for those counties! Sorry
          Tessie
          P.s I have Tre(a)dwells in Oxfordshire!

Comment

Gosh, thanks Elaine. I have been searching for AGES! I am useless at alternative names! I just hope that you found it in time to save Tessie's credits!

Comment

Ah, I'm actually glad they don't Tessie. Thanks very much anyway!

Treadwell is my married name and we live in Oxfordshire - via almost half of Europe! - and now I realise how many of them there are around here. So far, 'mine' are resolutley in Warwickshire ....

Thanks again for offering to check for me.

Comment

The only thing I put in was
                Firstname = Sarah
                Birth year = 1827 +/- 2 years
                Place of birth = Leamington

nothing else!
                19 possibles came up and I looked through for the most obvious.

Doesn´t always work, but it did on this one.
                Elaine

Comment

Mine are all Oxfordshire but right on the county borders! Mine is not a direct line but its amazing how many different 'spellings' Treadwell can have!
                  Tessie

Comment

Ah, thanks Elaine. I was going to post ages ago but thought I had better labour over it before I did. Wish I hadn't now.

Good to know your search techniques - I have some others that I can't find. I will try again.

Thanks again both

Comment

Working...
                    X