Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a marriage

Hello,

I am looking for marriage details of my great grandfather.

I have searched but no luck.

Anyone a bit more skillful them me that can assist?

I have the details that they were married by Jan 1925 from their son's birth certificate.

It states the parents were a William Robert George Iles & a Florance maybe Florence Emily Iles - maiden name Baker.

I also know their son Samuel Iles had a twin called John Iles.

I searched the 1901 census to see if I could see if they were married then - but no joy - the chances are it was in the between 1912 and 1925 I would think in Bristol or weston-super-mare area.

Does anyone have any idea's - all persons mentioned are deceased.

thanks.

Could it be this one?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marriages Sep 1905 (>99%)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>Baker Florence Emily Axbridge 5c 960
    Hook Annie Axbridge 5c 960
    Hook Daniel Bertram Axbridge 5c 960
    >>>ILES William Axbridge 5c 960
    Heather

Comment

That's the one I was going to suggest.

If this is it, then you should be able to find them in 1911.

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

If that is the one, 20 years is a long time to wait to have children. Did they have others previous to the twins?
        Jess

Comment

In 1911 one household in Axbridge district includes:
          R W Iles 25
          Florence 22
          Charlie 17
          Mabel 3

Could this be them?

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

If that is the one, 20 years is a long time to wait to have children. Did they have others previous to the twins?
            Well, there's the birth of Albert H Iles in Q1 1917 Axminster, mmn Baker

scuda

Comment

Other births: Doris Q4 1913, William F 1915, then Albert then the twins

scuda

Comment

Looking good there was an older brother called Albert and it was a large family - so we could be on to a winner here - thanks.

To be sure I need to see if william had a brother called George if so we defo have a match.

thanks for your help

Comment

oliveriles, all those children mentioned above have the mother's name baker, and are in axbridge district i would say they are one family. you would have to try finding them on the census though.

Comment

Working...
                  X