Truro record office help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truro record office help

Can anyone help me please,Im looking for my Grandmother,who was Gladys Thompson,born 1892 in London,her mother was Elizabeth Thompson nee Barron who was born in Mevagissey 1862,she married Charles Thompson in 1890 in London.
    Gladys Thompson was in Mevagissey on the 1901 census aged 9,with her grand parents,and im sure she attended school there around 1901.
    Could anyone help me find out if shes on any school records for Mevagissey around that time,a big thankyou and more if any info and a copy of any documents found,thankyou from Dave.

Still looking for school records but you probably already know that by 1911, she was back in Greenwich.

Comment

Hi Lorraine,yes i do know Gladys was back in London by 1911 or earliar,something must of hapened to Gladys parents,as i cant find any trace of them after there marriage in London,they married in Bow,London,and on Gladys birth certificate ,she was born in Tottenham,then by 1901 she was in Mevagissey with her grandparents,then back to London by 1911 living with her mothers sister Florence Lambourne Rowlerson,neee Barron [also from Mevagissey]
      My gut feeling is that Gladys mum Elizabeth Thompson,nee Barron may of originaly came to London after 1881 with Florence,her sister.
      Im almost sure Gladys was at school in Mev,anytime after her birth in 1892 up to just after 1901 approx,Dave.

Comment

Working...
      X