Can anybody tell me..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody tell me..

.. what uniform this is please and a rough era?
    Thank you
    Tessie
    Attached Files

Nudge

Comment

Hi, the picture is a bit small, but he appears to be circa ww1, and I would think his bandoleer, which is that ammunition belt he is wearing over his shoulder would make him an artillery man, I'm afraid I can't make out his cap badge. Hope this is of some help.....

Comment

Does this help, it's a little larger ...

The only way to make it larger than this would be to load it via Photobucket.

Comment

Thank you. I am not good at loading pictures! Is it British do you know?
          Thanks so much!
          Tessie

Comment

I can't tell at the moment, a clear view of the badge would be a big help, where did he come from please?

Comment

Tessie,
              Your photograph shows a private from the British army. The image is from the 1st world war period and as Barbara has said he is wearing a bandoleer across his chest, this would signify that he was from either a regiment that used horses such as the Royal Engineers or the Army Service Corps or a regiment that its sole mode of transport was the horse, i.e The R.A., cavalry or yeomanry regiments. One thing that I can say however is that his cap badge is not that of the R.A. as they have a cannon rather than a seven pointed star as this one is. My intial feeling is that he was either in the Army Service Corps or the Royal Engineers.

don

Comment

Thanks so much! This is my g g grandfather. The photo came from someone who has a tree on Ancestry! I wanted to make sure that 'things' fitted together, as I didn't know it was him, just what the tree owner told me.
                Tessie

Comment

Spot on Bob! clever you for finding it..:D

Comment

Thanks so much!
                    Tessie

Comment

Working...
                    X