Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Software for Macs

Hi

Quick question. Does anybody who uses a mac know of any software the prints the ancestor charts from top to bottom of the page rather than from left to right.

Before we changed over to a mac computer I used to use Family Historian. A program that I really loved to use. When we changed to the mac last year I did buy new family tree software (MacFamily Tree) but always preferred the layout of the trees in Family Historian. No worries, We bought a copy of Parallels loaded up windows in that and ran family historian.

Yesterday we upgraded our macs to the Snow Leopard operating system. No problems at all. The internet is noticeably faster and everything seems to run ok. That is until this morning.

Went to run Parallels only to be told that it is not compatible with the new version of the mac operating system. Apparently it is so flaky that it is likely to keep crashing so Snow Leopard will not load it.

I went online to look at the parallels website to see if there was a patch. We were running version three of parallels which we only bought last november. There is no patch for version three but if we upgrade to version four we will be ok. Now comes what is to me the rub, to upgrade from version 3 to version 4 is going to cost £31.99, which I think is a bit much considering buying a full version is only going to cost about £50.

If I am going to have to spend that sort of money to upgrade parallels when I only bought it less than a year ago then I may as well look for a mac family tree program and buy that instead. So back to my original question - does anybody know of any mac software that prints the trees from the top of the page down rather than from left to right.

Linda
    LindaG

Can't answer your question I am afraid Linda, but if you look at the http://www.familytreeforum.com/famil...ublishing.html thread in this forum you will find links to the Genscribe, Reunion and Heredis websites where you might find some relevant info - if not Genscribe and Reunion seem to have user forums so you might get a quick reply on there.
    Elaine

Comment

Working...
    X