Can anyone read this for me - old handwritting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone read this for me - old handwritting

think it reads John Isacc - can't read then next 3 words - it's from a birth certificate so should be name, relationship to birth and address.

thanks.
    Attached Files

I think the next line looks like Occupier of the house .
    Georgy:smilee:

Comment

thanks for the reply, any idea of the next two lines?

Comment

Looks like Lower ...... Street

What is the parish/registration district of the birth certificate
        Elaine

Comment

thank you for the reply - St.Sidwell, Exeter.

Comment

Sorry - should have asked - what is the date of the certificate - just so we know if we are looking for an old address or a modern one!
            Elaine

Comment

No worries - thanks for your help - you have helped me out in the past and I really appreciate it.

Comment

Last line on the addres box is Exeter. Street name: third letter - c, last three letters 'ane'?

Comment

Still struggling - apart from the last word which is Exeter!

Have you found the family in the 1841 and 1851 census and checked the address? If not give me the names and I'll have a look for you.
                  Elaine

Comment

Hi again - Elizabeth Hepper (Mother) - Son Walter Western also know as Walter Hepper Western

In the 1851 Census she is living in lodgings with her other son Frederic - can't locate her in the 1841 census.

thanks,

Comment

Sorry, not having much luck with the address but might have found her in 1841.

Transcribed on Ancestry as Elizabeth Heppe - living in St Sidwell
                      HO107; Piece 268; Book: 8; Civil Parish: St Sidwell; County: Devon; Enumeration District: 8; Folio: 9; Page: 12; Line: 3
                      - Ancestry.co.uk
                      Elaine

Comment

I thought it might be Lower Melbourne Street

Comment

That´s a good possibility as there was a Melbourne Street in Exeter around that time.
                          Elaine

Comment

There is still a Melbourne Street in Exeter, just off the Topsham Road.

Found it on streetmap.co.uk after looking at a website called Exeter memories for the St Sidwell church and Sidwell Street area.

Exeter Memories - Sidwell Street

Fairly central part of Exeter. Church was damaged by WW2 bombing, but was rebuilt and is now a community centre.

Comment

Working...
                            X