Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 uk census lookup

Hi
    I wonder if somebody would be kind enough and has access to the 1911 census to look up the following.
    - household address of rueben george and ethel tidball, Newton Abbot Devonshire,

- Also what family lived at 10 Ladysmith Road Heavitree St Thomas.

Any Info would be very much appreciated.

Regards Tidders
    researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

the 1911 census is credit based. at the moment there are no plans to incorporate it into a subscription.

you could buy the transcript, ( it's cheaper than actual image) which would give you the details you're after, but it would be easier to get the image and get all the information, like how long married, and how many children in total: living and dead.

Comment

At £2.50 to £3.50 a household I don't think you will get many offers !!!
      Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
      http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

I'd say your only hope for a freebie on this topic is if someone's going to TNA, and doesn't mind spending the 20p/A3-print to get the info for you - or spending the time to transcribe from the screen.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Who are you expecting to find at Ladysmith Road, Drush, Henderson or Tothill any good?
          Jay

Comment

If you live in one of these areas you can access for free at one of the instututions mentioned, but check before you go not all are yet available.

Birmingham Archives & Heritage
            Devon Record Office (Exeter)
            The National Library of Wales (Aberystwyth)
            Manchester Archives and Local Studies and Greater Manchester County Record Office
            Norfolk Record Office
            Nottinghamshire Archives/Central library
            Tyne and Wear Archives
            I believe limited to half hour sessions, well it is in Nottingham

George
            Last edited by Haydn; 29-08-09, 18:31.
            Researching Drury, Tinley, Watson, Pavier. Mainly Nottinghamshire

Comment

Thanks everybody
              To answer JayG in regards 10 Ladysmith road Heavitree, I was hoping the people living there may have been "Toovey". I have an old envelope dated 1905 addressed to Mrs Toovey. I would like to know her name and any family members as they are my relatives.

tidders
              researching Tidball, Toovey, Manley, Fairchild, Courtier, Debois, McConchie, Wardlaw

Comment

There is no Toovey family living at that address.
                A way to find out, without spending credits:

In the Residential box put the address of 10 Ladysmith Road Heavitree
                In the Last Name field, tick the box underneath Names Starting With
                Then go through the alphabet, putting A in the Last Name field, then B, then C etc.

It looks as if JayG has already done this for you and found three families living there with the surnames of Drush, Henderson and Tothill.
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine from Spain.
                  I will have a play around. It appears that they may have moved.
                  tidders

Comment

I have been able to find the address of Rueben and Ethel Tidball at the 1911 census.
                    Thanks everybody.
                    tidders

Comment

In 1911 there are a Reuben Tidball [23] and two Ethel Tidballs [21 and 24] living in Newton Abbott, not necessarily at the same address. There's another Reuben in nearby Tiverton and several Ethels mainly in Somerset and Devon.

Comment

Reuben George Tidball (23) living with Ethel Francis (21) and Phyllis Rosa Estrella (16 months) in Newton Abbot, on 1911 census.
                        Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Yes Ozgirl the info you have is the right Rueben and Ethel. Phyllis the daughter is my Auntie.
                          Also a good tip from Elaine - Spain. Great stuff
                          tidders

Comment

Working...
                          X