Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please Found on FMP not on Ancestry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please Found on FMP not on Ancestry!

I have found my Great Great Grandfather on Find my Past on the 1841 census, but even with all the information, I can't get him on Ancestry, so as to add him to my tree! They don't seem to have heard of Liverpool!!
    Don't know what I am doing wrong!
    Several of his children had the second name Latham and he is living with some Lathams, so I am fairly sure that it is the right person.
    Perhaps someone with more skill would be able to help?

George Swindles 20 b1821
    RG HO 107
    Piece 561
    Book 23
    Folio 12
    Page 17
    Registration District Liverpool
    Civil Parish Liverpool
    County Lancashire

These details are as on the census - I have him in all the others.

Ancestry - transcribed as George Swinski
    - Ancestry.co.uk
    Elaine

Comment

You are so clever! How on earth did you do that??
      Thankyou so much.

Comment

You need to choose the 'old search' facility on Ancestry where you can enter the census reference.
        There is no facility to enter census refs if you are using the 'new search' option.

Click on the Search tab and you will see a pink bar running across the screen, just under the headings - at the far right you can toggle between new and old search.
        Elaine

Comment

Actually I was using the "old" search, but even with the census refs it wouldn't come up for me. Perhaps I should have left the name out - never dreamt it could be quite so wrong!! :(
          I really would like to thank you - now I know where the name Latham comes from.
          Am off to do a bit more searching for clues as to who they were.

Comment

If you have the census reference then leave everything else blank. It will then bring up the list of people on that page.
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I'll do that in future. I hadn't realised that FMP had re scanned and had better transcriptions for some of the censuses, so I will be using them to look for my "lost" family now!

Comment

Working...
              X