Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas?

My mum tells me that my great gdad always wore a lapel badge. It was made up of four or five shields and she thinks it had a letter on each shield and was gold in colour. If I have uploaded a photo correctly it may be attached!
    Could it be a masonic badge?
    Ros

this might help folks:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 27-08-09, 16:16.

I dont know the pic is very small.. can you perhaps use Photobucket ? or scan the pic a lot bigger?

Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Julie thanks for your response. Have made pic bigger and attached again. It's a bit fuzzy but mum says shields were set like a cross with one central shield overlaid. Ggdad was classed as a labourer on my gdad's marriage certificate and mum thought he was maybe in the building trade. We have another photo taken at what she thinks may be his work but we don't know for sure. He is fourth from the right in the front row. The photo has some numbers on the left hand side - could they be the date? 1920 or 1925?
      Anyway hope that you can see it a bit more.
      Ros
      Attached Files

Comment

Mum says could it be the Royal Order of Buffaloes? I don't know anything about them???
        Ros

Comment

you could see if there is any information on this site
          RAOB, Grand Council. Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes
          Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Thanks for that jean - it seems that there are no Northumberland Lodges but it was definitely worth a try. Perhaps its a masonic thing?
            Ros

Comment

Working...
            X