parents John Samuel Keen and Eizabeth Ivy
    with parents in 1841 in Cripplegate
    with mother and new father William Wallis in 1851 in Shoreditch
    a servant in 1861 in Mayfair
    a servant in 1871 in Shoreditch
    cannot find her in 1881 but maybe she married
    a likely death Kensington 1900 but where is she in 1881 1891
    thanks

Hiya Val...just a possible for you..I know there`s about 6 Mary Ann Keen possibles in London 1871-1881 but this one is where she was born
    marriage
    Keen Mary Ann .June qtr 1877....Bethnall Green 1c 369..to James Collings or Charles David Croney.......?..same reg office as her birth...but 38 at marriage ...(maybe she became an Old Crone(y)..lol)...allan;)
    oops...didn`t see the 1878 one ...sorry...
    Last edited by garstonite; 27-08-09, 11:55.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Free BMD - there are 2 marriages for a Mary Ann Keen in Bethnal Green.
      June 1877 - 1c 369 - others on page are James Collings, Charles David Croney and Eliza Ann Marlow.
      Dec 1878 - 1c 791 - others on page Ellen Flight, Mary Ann Lesurf, Charles Lipyeat and William Sayce.

I'll start looking to see if the 1881 census can give any clues as to who married who.

All the best

Ayse

Comment

thanks Allan LOL just realised what you meant
        and Ayse thanks for your help I did start to do that but got bogged down with so many choices.

Comment

There is a Charles Lipyeat with Mary Ann on the 1881 RG11/411. There are lots of children and she is not quite the right age (born 1847). (This could also be the Mary Ann Lesurf marriage 1878)

Ayse

Comment

thanks very much Ayse its not an easy name to research is it ??? so common

Comment

there is a Mary Keen age 43 london N, D serv attendant on sick @ Merchant Taylors Alms Houses RG11 0731 folio 38 page 2
              Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Hello there
                No, I agree its not an easy name. I don't think it is the Charles Lipyeat marriage as I had a look at the children names - one of the older children is called Mary Ann born about 1866. One down and probably lots to go but I'll look some more a bit later.

Ayse
                Last edited by ayse; 27-08-09, 14:05.

Comment

Found William Sayce with Mary Ann - he was born c 1857 and wife Mary b 1860 so I don't think this one works either.
                  Ayse

Comment

Ayse you are good thanks very much but please dont worry anymore

That looks interesting thanks Jean off to have a look

Comment

Working...
                    X