Irish Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Church

I asked on here recently the best way to obtain a marriage record from Ireland.
    I have since found out the best thing to do is to contact the Irish Church by letter requesting the marriage record and to enclose a donation.
    What would be the best donation to send please, I wouldn't like to offend them by not sending enough?
    Thanks.

£5? Should be ok.
    Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

Or 10 Euros (if writing to Dublin) would be the equivilent of what it would cost to get a certificate here... in the eyes of the church, what you can afford is a good guide and a nice letter of thanks.
      John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

If you want just one record then £5/7 in euros preferably is adequate but if you want more than one record then more like £10/£15

Janet

Comment

Thanks all for the replies.
          Would it be possible to send a cheque, which of course would be in pounds?

Comment

If you sent a cheque in UK pounds then it would probably cost them a fortune in bank charges to get it converted through their own bank account.

Have a word with your own bank to see what they would suggest would be the best way of sending a direct payment.

Chris
            Last edited by Chris in Sussex; 26-08-09, 23:28.
            Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Will do, thanks Chris.

Comment

When I sent money to the civil registration department in Mauritius, I sent a postal order.

I didn't mean that Mauritius is part of Ireland :D, it was just that I sent money abroad - it could be for an amount in euros.
                Last edited by Joy Dean; 27-08-09, 21:29.
                Joy

Comment

Lol, I know what you mean.
                  Thanks Joy, I think I'll ask about that at the Post Office tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X