Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with finding Margaret Frances Dickenson please

I am trying to help my best friend to find her Grandmothers birth

She was married in 1910 in Lambeth, Surrey to George Ellis, her father was Andrew Dickenson. Her age was 20. Which makes her date of birth 1890

I have found her on 1911 census with George aged 21, date of birth 1890 born Holloway, London

We have, today, found her grave in Norwood Cemetery. Margaret Frances Ellis died 1963 aged 76, which makes her date of birth 1887.

Can't find her birth or find her on 1891 or 1901 census or her father Andrew. Have checked for Andrew's death but nothing comes of that either.

Any help VERY welcome.

Thanks

Linda

Not a lot of help I know but;

1901 there's a Margaret Dickinson aged 10m scholar as a patient in Lambeth District Infirmary born Lambeth, London
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 26-08-09, 21:49. Reason: add

Comment

If her father was a hotel porter then there's Andrew J Dickson and his wife Maud in Lambeth 1901. Surname is not quite right but it's worth a look.

Who were the witnesses to her marriage as 1901 shows a son Ernest in the above family.

I'll try 1891 for Andrew and Maud and see what comes up.

Comment

Thanks a lot.

I haven't got the cert with me, my friend has it. I will get her to scan it over to me tomorrow.

Linda

Comment

Sorry, I can't find that couple in 1891 and no Margaret either. Have tried forenames only and London

Comment

Working...
          X