Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anybody find this Birth pretty please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody find this Birth pretty please?

Rebecca Keen born 1847 City of London
    in 1851 she is with her remarried mother Elizabeth, Father William Wallis and siblings all using the name Wallis
    I have her right up to her death in Shoreditch in 1887
    She was supposedly christened 20/06/1847 ,this has not been confirmed ,at All Hallows London Wall
    Would love to find her Birth to tie up loose ends thanks

Have you got mother's maiden name?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

If I've found the right marriage on the IGI, the MMN was Joy, and there is a Rebecca Joy born at the right time, but the parents were married in 1834, so that doesn't make sense.

Comment

Thanks for your replies
        Mothers maiden name was Ivy ,it is mispelt on some records, her parents were John Samuel Keen and Elizabeth Ivy married in 1834 .

Comment

just found that Rebecca Joy she died in 1866 Marylebone so isnt mine .

Comment

How about Mary Rebecca Keen born Jul qtr 1846? Kensington 3 283

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Birth: 31 MAY 1847 <<<<

Christening: 20 JUN 1847 Allhallows London Wall, London, London, England

Parents:
              Father: JOHN SAMUEL KEEN
              Mother: ELIZABETH

(Extracted)
              Jess

Comment

hi JBee thanks for looking but thats not her she was never known by Mary
                And thanks I saw that a long time ago Jess but was not sure it was right ?? as they also had her brother John Thomas Keen down as born 1852 he was born in 1843 , do you think it is ??? and if so why cant I find the registration of the birth ??? got all her siblings.

Comment

It's not difficult to imagine that KEEN could be mistranscribed - even at primary index level, never mind Ancestry/FreeBMD etc. That has been known to happen.

Also people don't always use their first names. Or they switch them around.

Christine
                  Last edited by Christine in Herts; 26-08-09, 21:11.
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There's a 7 July 1844 baptism of a Rebecca Maria KAIN, dtr of William, labourer, & Elizabeth, at All Saints, Poplar. But that doesn't seem to have quite enough resonances with your info to be worth chasing - unless you're desperate, in which case you could see if she's around (independent of your found family) in 1851.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks everyone she is the only birth I havent found in this family and I was hoping to complete the lot , still at least I think I know when she died .
                      Thanks Christine I have found them under Keene Keane Kane Cane Cain etc etc etc but not this one

Comment

Working...
                      X