Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographs: St. Michaels Mount

Hi
    I'm adding a photo record of all the houses occupied by the main families on my trees ................ it seemed like a good idea at the time

I wondered if anyone had photos of the cottages on St Michaels Mount. The Castle is easy to find on line but no one seems to find the cottages that fascinating !

It doesn't have to be a close up but a view of the cottages to the left of the harbour would be great - the Sennets lived in all of them over the years.

The ultimate idea is to add then and now photos/paintings for as far back as possible its the now I'm missing.

Any help gratefully received

Roger
    Last edited by Caroline; 26-08-09, 14:35. Reason: Adding prefix

I don't have any photos, but found this on-line. You could contact the person who took the photo and get their permission to use it.

St Michael's Mount Quayside Cottages :: Cornwall :: Photos of Cornwall
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy
      proof that google images works in mysterious ways
      I've tried all the tags I could think of and nothing ............ you've obviously got the knack !

Still looking for more tho - I think the building in the distance may be new ?
      In this "year of the staycation" someone must have been over to the Mount !!
      Roger

Comment

I took a photo of the quayside in 2004 if it's any help. It's too large to post here so try this link

Last edited by rkic; 26-08-09, 15:00. Reason: error in link
        Robert

Comment

Thanks rkic
          The only ones I need now are the stone buidings in the background and I'm done
          well for this bit anyway

thanks again
          Roger

Comment

I was in Marazion a couple of weeks ago and remembered this thread. I took some photos of the cottages from across the water. If you want to contact me I can email them to you - there are a few and rather large, but I can make them smaller.
            James
            Am I related to Scott of the Antarctic? The hunt is on.
            http://www.symidream.com/scott/home.html
            My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Comment

James it might be an idea to PM (private message) RNM, he might not have seen this reply.
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

James sorry haven't visited the site for a while so missed your post, I'll PM you my email

Thanks Roger

Comment

not sure if you are still looking for pics but I was on the mount last week and took this.. if its any use to you i am more than happy to send you a copy.

Julie

Comment

Thanks for this - I've taken a copy.

I really must go down and see the place in person - I've been to the French version but never to the Mount shameful since I'm a descendant of the Giant lol

Comment

Originally posted by RNM View Post
                      Thanks for this - I've taken a copy.

I really must go down and see the place in person - I've been to the French version but never to the Mount shameful since I'm a descendant of the Giant lol
                      I have just been checking and looking and have found another pic, i'll upload it here for you.

enjoy! if you can get chance to visit, you really must, it is so beautiful there.
                      Julie

Comment

Working...
                      X