Updating Ancestry Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Ancestry Trees

I've got a private family tree on Ancestry. I'd like to update it. Can I just upload a Gedcom by the same name and have it overwrite what's already there? And, if I do, will I lose the invitations I've sent out to two distant cousins?

When you upload a new gedcom it does not overwrite any tree you already have. You will need to physically remove the old one and send out new invitations from the newly uploaded tree.
    Elaine

Comment

You can dear put it will come out as new tree as ancestry doesnt do overwrite , and anything you have saved doesnt go with you ;;;; but there was a thread saying which way you could do it and it uploaded photos etc but not sure what the title of thread was ;;sorry ;;some one might come and nudge it up for you to see ;;
      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Oh Elaine so glad you were there to put it so quick lol

Comment

Well, that's a hassle. :(

Guess I won't be bothering to update it until I have a lot more information.

Thanks for the information, guys.

Comment

Tanyal click on this link to see the other thread I was telling you about dear ;;

Comment

Originally posted by borobabs View Post
              Tanyal click on this link to see the other thread I was telling you about dear ;;

http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...-question.html
              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X