Canadian Death Cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Death Cert

Does anyone now how I can get a death cert from Canada? I know date of birth and death and location I think

Thank you!
    Clare

Hi Clare,

This is my first posting here - I hope I am doing this right !

We have no central agency over here. Records are done provincially. I suggest you go to Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet and scroll down to Canada, and then the province you want.

Look for Vital Statistics which are BMDs. Every province has different rulings on what a person needs to order a certificate.

Alternately if you have access to ancestry world you can find BC death registrations upto a certain date, and Ontario too.

I have ancestry world, so I would be more than happy to do a look up for you.

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

As BC Brit says, all registrations are handled by the individual provinces. If the death took place in BC, I can look up the information for you from microfilm copies of the certificates at the local library. The indexes are here:
      VITAL EVENT INDEXES - BC ARCHIVES
      As well as being on Ancestry, a group in Ontario is in the process of transcribing the vital statistics of that province and you can find information here:
      The Ontario Vital Statistics Project

Not sure about the other provinces.
      Jenny

Comment

Working...
      X