Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attestation papers 1841-1854

I have come across this on National Archives

Folios 550-551. George Curry, born Middlesex.
    Attestation papers to serve in the Royal Marines at Chatham 1841 (when aged 18).
    Discharged 1854 as Dead.

Now, I have been trying to find a Curry family from Middlesex whose son George c1825 joined what I was told the Imperial Cadet Corps 1841. I'm not too sure it is him as I don't know when he died.

Question is, does any one know what it would say and approx how much would it cost as I would have to do it via internet.

Dog's have Owners, Cats have Staff
    It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser

No idea what it would tell you - I've had some documents that have contained just one page with not a lot of info, and others that have been worthwhile.

To find out how much it will cost, click on Request this top right, just above the information - where you can request an estimate. Estimate will be sent to you by email and you can then decide whether or not to order it.

You need to quote the reference in your request for estimate which is at the top of the page - ADM 157/34/550 - it should come up automatically on the request page as a default.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

Comment

I have now received an Estimate. It will cost £11.20

Anyone had this approx cost before?
        Just wondering the amount of what I will get

Comment

Well all records are individual, no knowing what is on it till you see, rather like certificates!

Attestation papers I've seen give the person's name, age, date and birthplace, a physical description, details of previous military service.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thing is, I don't know for sure that it is the one I'm after.

Do I take a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Yvonne the Sandgrounder View Post
              Thing is, I don't know for sure that it is the one I'm after.

Do I take a chance
              Do you invest £11.50 on this or on the Grand National? And if you don't, you'll never know!
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Or do you wait until the next one of us goes to TNA with a digital camera? (And the records are available!)

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X