Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone live near Threekingham/Threckingham, Lincolnshire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone live near Threekingham/Threckingham, Lincolnshire?

We went to Threekingham over a year ago and took some photos of the church. OH's earliest-known Lincolnshire ancestors came from there -

William and Lettision Dawson who had Ann c. 1739 (baptised April).

Thanks to the brilliant FreeReg I have found the witnesses for Ann's marriage - one being Edward Dawson. I hope he is a brother, but the two other brothers don't feature in the baptisms, although the girls do. I can't find a baptism for Edward either.

Edward marries and Eleanor (various spellings) and they had a fair few children - three Edwards, all of whom died.:( They have a daughter called Lettision, so it looks hopeful he is a brother or family member.

To the point - if you google you find that inside the parish church there is a slate memorial to Edward Dawson who died in 1787. Free Reg indeed has a burial for Edward Dawson Yeoman 7 April 1787.

I would love to know what is written on it - no doubt we will return in due course, but not for a while.

Of course, if the church is kept locked, it won't be easy to view it! Barring that, I could get contact details and ask the present vicar what it says!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Elizabeth - the Lincoln Archives have many folders with memorial inscriptions done by local FHS members (I think).

If Threekingham is one of the completed parishes I don't suppose the Archive would charge much for telling you what it said!

Anne

Comment

Thanks, Anne, I'll bear that in mind. (I think we shall have to make another trip to Lincolnshire.)
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Working...
      X