1911 census Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 census Query

First time I have used 1911 census and up comes " report error " Household too large for one page and some reference to institution and a cost of 30 credits..

I hve the 1911 Census Household Transcript which shows all the family at 5 Spring Valley, Stanningley... ages etc married 15 years even though wife is only 29...

Have I got the correct download or does the Report Error mean anything ?

If the person you are searching for is in an institution (school, hospital, workhouse barracks etc.) you will be charged 30 credits for each image page you view. However if you enter the person you are looking in the search boxes then the system will produce that page for you first, so you don't have to pay over and over to find the person in the institution.
    When you have that page you can also view (free) the address page and the ennumerator's page.

Hope that's clear :o

Anne

Comment

I was not sure if there was an error or not or if I have all that could be obtained for 10 credits........your reply answers this.
      I have all the family so I will use the extra 20 credits elsewhere
      Thanks
      Colin
      Thanks

Comment

I decided to find out more and possibly why it said Report error and downloaded the full page.... nothing odd at all... just a house in a street, no one else living there with them....
        Did find out extra information.. they had 5 children but one of the children born in Ireland had died there....also mistranscribed the place of birth.. so the actual image helped to find him in 1891

Comment

Glad you had success, Colin. Personally I don't waste credits on the transcriptions! I always go straight for the image on the basis that if I got the transcription I would be too curious to let it rest at that and so would end up spending more!! Also I would rather translate the handwriting myself than rely on someone else.

Don't forget you can see the heads of household for the neighbours for free. Look for the tabs above your census page image.

Anne

Comment

Thank you

Thank you Ann, I'd forgotten they brought that in. Just checked for neighbours and found that the family that I'd been looking at lived in a shop (I hadn't realised) and my ancestor's missing 2nd husband as head of household (he must be away somewhere) I haven't looked for him yet to be honest.

It's fascinating the buildings around them and I haven't even looked at the neighbours yet lol

Comment

Working...
            X