X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know south London?

Hi

I'm after some advice please.

My paternal ancestors all lived in the Bermondsey (St Olaves, in particular) area since the early 1800's. I have been told by my aunt that my great grandparents had 2 sets of twins that died and I have found some possible matches in the free BMD site.

However, one set have births and deaths registered in Greenwich. Now I know that Greenwich is just down the road but everyone else in this line was registered in St Olaves! The twins I am talking about are: Daniel J Sexton and Ernest J Sexton, b. 1911. What makes me dubious is that Ernest died in the same qtr - so could easily have died at birth - but Daniel didn't die until 1912, but again this was registered in Greenwich.

I know that my 2xgr grandparents didn't move so do you think they are likely to be 'our' twins or not?

Many thanks in advance

Jo
    :D Charney Jo

Was the twins' mother born in Greenwich, and if so is it possible that she went home to her parents to have this particular set of twins? Or if the twins were poorly, were they in hospital in Greenwich?

Comment

Hi hughar

She was born in Walworth which is the other way from Greenwich.

I think the hospital thing is the most likely - her father in law died a few years after at the Union Infirmary in Greenwich.

Looks like I will have to send off for the certs to see.

Thanks

Jo
      :D Charney Jo

Comment

Jo,

As you presumably know the parents' names then the simple answer is to get the birth certificates. Otherwise you are just guessing.

Peter

Comment

Since the mother's maiden name is shown in the births index (it's Thomas) - then doesn't that inform you one way or another as to whether they are "yours" or not?

Comment

Working...
          X